IBS Doctor Recommendations - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

IBS Doctor Recommendations

Doctor FL recommendations

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sadcat

Sadcat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:03 PM

Advertisement

Hi.  I'm new here.  I have been struggling with what I'm now told is IBS for about 2 years now.  I have seen a couple of doctors here in FL where I moved 2 years ago, but they just shrug and say good luck with that.  It's very frustrating - as I am sure you all know.

Does anyone have any doctors they have seen in FL  that they would recommend? (I am about 2 hours away from Orlando, Tampa, and Jacksonville and am willing to travel)  I really need to work with someone who cares and works with me on this instead of sending me away to "see how it goes" and suggests "come back in a year".

Thanks so much.

#2 Amanda Nicole

Amanda Nicole

Dietitian

• Dietitians
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:39 PM

Sorry to hear that your docs haven't been helpful - unfortunately, most docs don't like to work with IBS patients because they just don't know how to help them. I'm actually a Registered Dietitian and Certified LEAP Therapist - I specialize in food sensitivities and inflammatory conditions, such as IBS. I would be more than happy to work with you. What I do is I help clients identify "trigger" foods that are causing/contributing to symptoms and create a personalized nutrition plan for them - my clients have seen huge improvements in symptoms with the approach that I use (they currently average a 52% reduction in symptoms within the first 10 days alone, with continued improvement over a few weeks). Let me know if you'd like more info!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Doctor, FL, recommendations

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here