Fecal bacteriotherapy for IBS-D : Success - Page 6 - Fecal Microbiota Transplantation (FMT) - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Fecal bacteriotherapy for IBS-D : Success

Fecal bacteriotherapy fecal transplant IBS-D recovery success bacteria human probiotic infusion Crazy stuff

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#101 laylow

laylow

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 08:18 PM

I'm not sure what tests/procedures you've had done but you may have already had your thyroid tested.  In my case I suspected a thyroid problem and on GI#3 (which happened to be the first one who actually listened and responded to my questions) I asked about possible thyroid.  She told me both GI#1 and #2 had tested it and both had returned normal.  Good luck

Yeah, none of my doctors seem to concerned with my questions.  I guess because they sense that I will only be happy if I can be symptom free and they don't believe they can deliver on that.

#102 mellosphere

mellosphere

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 05:58 PM

I have tried to do gluten free and low fodmap but one of my core foods that keeps me a bit more stable is white bread...

laylow what foods in particular are you eating a lot of? I can't tolerate most things on even the low fodmap diet including squash, carrots...these give me painful diarrhea.

#103 laylow

laylow

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 03:03 PM

I have tried to do gluten free and low fodmap but one of my core foods that keeps me a bit more stable is white bread...

laylow what foods in particular are you eating a lot of? I can't tolerate most things on even the low fodmap diet including squash, carrots...these give me painful diarrhea.

I eat mainly chicken, carrots, cheddar cheese, and grapes.

To "mix it up" a bit I will have beef or pork and also green beans and strawberries sometimes.

#104 dekkalife

dekkalife

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 01:21 AM

Not to be the bearer of bad news, but here are some testimonials from people who had FMTs outside the country:  https://www.jenbroyl...r-ruscio-radio/

Neither of the people in the discussion had success with the FMT for their issues.  I know it won't work for everyone, but I had hoped to find more positive stories.  I'm already struggling bad enough knowing this sh*t is not going to go away.

I haven't sifted through all the comments here so I don't know if it's been discussed, but I want to point out that this particular person suffered from IBS-C not D. I think there is the possibility that the type of IBS you have has a significant factor in the success of FMT. The research I have seen, has suggested to me that FMT works better for IBS in general than it does for IBD, but perhaps it goes even deeper than that. IBS is an umbrella term, and personally, I don't believe there exists a treatment that works for both diarrhea and constipation, whether it be medication or therapy. I think it's very important that, when looking at research and reviews, the type of IBS is taken into account. Just because they share close to the same acronym, doesn't necessarily mean they're the same beast.

#105 MaximilianKohler

MaximilianKohler

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 03:46 AM

hello,

Just found this post and am very interested in the FMT.

I had Crohn's since 2008 and this last year has been very bad.

I have been on Steroids (Prednisolone) for 8 weeks this last november and december, (didn't want to go through this but didn't know about FMT at that time)

I have appointment tomorrow for a new treatment and will ask about FMT.

but I have a question... I'm 5 weeks pregnant, I don't think FMT would cause any problem to my pregnancy but I'd like to know if anybody as been or is in the same state and what they do. the pains are horible !! I have been warned that being pregnant while having Crohn's can be very painful and I agree to that, but planning or not a baby does not always work !! unsure.png

Hi odette,

I don't see that anyone answered your question so:

If you have a healthy enough donor then FMT should be only beneficial for you and your baby. The healthier you are while your baby is growing in you, the healthier they will be.

However, an unhealthy donor could be harmful to both you and your child.

Doctors won't do FMT for anything other than c.diff, so for Crohn's you'll have to find your own donor (which is the limiting factor for most of us). There is lots of info on FMT in the last link in my signature.

What I've found to be effective: http://www.ibsgroup....working-for-me/

Starting guide to probiotics: http://HumanMicrobio...Probiotic-Guide

FMT is the ultimate cure if you can find someone in perfect health: http://www.ibsgroup....-ibs-d-its-gone - http://HumanMicrobiome.info/FMT

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fecal bacteriotherapy, fecal transplant, IBS-D, recovery, success, bacteria, human probiotic infusion, Crazy stuff

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here