My IBS 'Flare' Seems Exactly Like CFS Exercise Malaise - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

My IBS 'Flare' Seems Exactly Like CFS Exercise Malaise

IBS Flare CFS malaise

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DLTooley

DLTooley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:20 PM

Advertisement

I just had my colonoscopy done and its not microscopic colitis, so even though they haven't given me a diagnosis yet I'm pretty sure it is IBS.  I am having worsening 'exercise malaise' which I now see as a seperate, but related condition - a fair chance it is CFS, but not necessarily.  The strange thing is that the symptoms appear pretty much the same between exercise and a diet triggered flare.  I'm paying more attention to any differences now, but as of yet I haven't discerned any.  Is this unusual or common? 

P.S. I am a newbie here - I did try to search for the topic, but couldn't nail anything down.

#2 Kathleen M.

Kathleen M.

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34954 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:04 PM

It is pretty common when someone has two illnesses that the physical stress of one can set off the the other one.  So I'd say more common they track together to some degree than they are totally random and never flare up at the same time.

Additionally any mental or unrelated physical stress is likely to set them both off rather than pick one today and a different one next week.

My story of beating IBS: My Story with IBS
Ph.D in Biology

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IBS, Flare, CFS, malaise

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here