Best constipation remedies? - Over-the-Counter (OTC) Treatments - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Best constipation remedies?

constipation remedies otc fiber laxatives

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Alyeska Martinez

Alyeska Martinez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:43 PM

Advertisement

I've found that most OTC fiber supplements don't do much for me. Stimulant laxatives like senna cause terrible cramping and pain. And I already eat plenty of fiber. I feel like I'm nearing the end of my options! wacko.png

Any suggestions for constipation remedies that work?

#2 Sean

Sean

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:32 PM

Have you tried osmotic laxatives like miralax? They work for a lot of people and do not usually have the crampy and painful side effects of stimulants. Failing that, you might want to consult with a surgeon about colon-shortening surgery.

#3 lifeisahorrorstory

lifeisahorrorstory

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:00 PM

Working out for at least 30 minutes a day or most days have been helping me eliminate more and I just started working out recently. It has to be cardio like really brisk walking or jogging etc. Also 3 tbsp. of coconut oil.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: constipation, remedies, otc, fiber, laxatives

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here