Xifaxan(Rifaximin) price? - Prescription Medications - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Xifaxan(Rifaximin) price?

Rifaxmin Xifaxan

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Lexer

Lexer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:19 AM

Advertisement

Hi,

In my country the Xifaxan(Rifaximin) will cost me around 308 EUR. Is this a normal price to pay for this medicine? Or can you suggest a cheaper online store where I still can be sure to get the real medicine?

BestRegards

#2 Shade711

Shade711

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:52 AM

It's pretty expensive everywhere. In some countries like Canada it's not even available. Depending on the law there, you can try getting it cheaper from India, but it's hard to say for certain it's the same thing, and if it doesn't work, you won't know if it's because their version of the med is at fault, or if Rifaximin isn't the solution at all for you.

#3 Lexer

Lexer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:23 AM

Thanks. My doctor got me a starter kit for free. It is 14 tablets on 550 mg that is to be taken twice a day.

So far Im half way and most the the symtoms is still there. But Xifaxan side effects looks much like the symtoms of IBS so its not easy to tell. I do however suspect that thay are not working for me :(

#4 Shade711

Shade711

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:51 AM

bummer! At least you could find out without it costing you an arm and a leg

#5 Lexer

Lexer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:59 PM

bummer! At least you could find out without it costing you an arm and a leg

Yes its nice to get it for free but I would gladly pay for it if it would help me. It seem like the IBS should be gone withing 72 hours when trying Rifaximin, if not, then it will probably not solve your problem. Is this correct? is 2 weeks with 2 x 550 mg tablets a day a recomended dosage for IBS patients?

#6 SouthFloida26

SouthFloida26

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:05 AM

(duplicate)

#7 SouthFloida26

SouthFloida26

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:06 AM

(duplicate)

#8 SouthFlorida26

SouthFlorida26

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:12 AM

In the US, the full price (without insurence prior authorization) was $1000. After the PA, the price was $565 (which met my tier 3 $500 deductiable), but then I was able to get a $250 discout card from the manufacture. This made my out-of-pocket cost about $310 for 14 days, 2 a day. It is to treat possiable bacterial overgroth in the intestine tract. While taking it, discontinue any probiotics, but you can still take vitimines and enzymes if you want. Then after the 14 days, start taking the probiotics, since the Xifaxan kills all good and bad bacteria, so you need to replimish the good probiotic bacteria.

After my 14 days, I noticed that most all the "sharp needle" pain that I had been getting. But it still did not solve my overall ISB issues.

#9 Perseus

Perseus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:49 PM

mispost

#10 Kristi12

Kristi12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 07 September 2014 - 11:27 AM

I took Xifaxin for SIBO back in January. It was a two week cycle. Kept my pain away for 8 months! I noticed the price was about $1800 here in US. Luckily, my insurance covers all but my $5 copay.

#11 Jenn1202

Jenn1202

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:56 PM

$600+ for 52 tablets (in the US) but my insurance covered it

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rifaxmin, Xifaxan

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here