Most Hope I've had in 30 years. Read this - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Most Hope I've had in 30 years. Read this

Small Intestine Bacteria Bloating Regimen

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Cogna

Cogna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:53 AM

Advertisement

IBS friends, I have no connection to the website I'm posting and have never visited it until stumbling across this morning while preparing notes for my first Gastroenterology visit in about 20 years [they are no help, actually].  I pass this on "as is", but for me, this Doctor's findings have given me the first rays of hope I have had in decades of banging my head against this disease.

Read it and leave comment so others can get a sense of it... Believe me I know how wary you all are. We are afraid to hope, and are convinced that the ailment will not relent in our lifetimes.

here's hoping!

http://drhyman.com/b.../#comment-79215

[p.s....  its not QUITE, w/o drugs, as you will see. but pretty close]

#2 lookingforcure

lookingforcure

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:32 PM

"These are the two main causes of IBS: Food allergies and overgrowth of bacteria in the small intestine."

Um, no. Those may be the cause for some people, but as a general rule of thumb, any doctor who claims he/she knows the real causes of IBS is lying/preying on our desire for a "quick fix." The causes are many and still poorly understood.

#3 kthejung

kthejung

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:33 PM

Do some research on the FMT procedure to see if it interests you.

#4 Kathleen M.

Kathleen M.

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34954 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:42 PM

Mostly we either have press releases from this guy or peoplle saying they are going to try it, telling us what it is, then never reporting back.

My story of beating IBS: My Story with IBS
Ph.D in Biology

#5 flitwit

flitwit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:55 PM

Pretty much just regurgitated information.  From reading about this guy (Dr. Mark Hyman), seems he really likes the limelight.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Small Intestine, Bacteria, Bloating, Regimen

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here