Duodenum (GI endoscopy) biopsy damage? - GI-related Diagnostic Tests - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Duodenum (GI endoscopy) biopsy damage?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Alfred001

Alfred001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:33 AM

Advertisement

I've been waiting for some time on an endoscopy and in the interrim my situation has considerably improved and seems to be continuing to improve. I've become convinced that my symptoms were due to stress as their substantial improvement coincided with a significant positive change in my life. The improvement is substantial enough and is continuing that I'm quite convinced my problems will resolve on their own.

My question is should I go thorugh with this test, I am wondering whether a duodenum biopsy does any significant damage as I know some biopsies do. I would hate to perform a proceedure that damages my intestines and have it later turn out to have been unnecessary.

Much thanks for any help!

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here