I have successful advice... 3.5 years into it. - Gas / Flatulence / Bloating - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

I have successful advice... 3.5 years into it.

chronic flatulence gas bloating post infectious ibs

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 brenguy

brenguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:12 PM

Advertisement

Hi it'd be nice for people to contribute to this topic if able. What have you done\taken that has reduced your chronic flatulence?

I'll start it off with some pretty strong advice that helped me within days. Take a teaspoon or two of apple cidar vinegar mixed with some water or juice or straight up. Do this in the morning, afternoon (optional), and evening. It has reduced my gas and made it not as odorous.

Seriously this is the only thing that has helped me!

I've been taking probiotics, rifaximin, anti-acids, and am a vegetarian who has learned that no matter what I eat, I get flatulence.

This all started 3.5 years ago after being sick with food poisoning for weeks. The doctors didn't give me antibiotics in time... I say "in time' because both my father and I got sick sharing a plate of indian food in Aruba. Worst idea ever! He got treated with antibiotics and has no form of IBS whatsoever. I didn't.... now I unfortunately struggle with this like everyone on this sub forum.

Stay strong! Let's help each other out with advice!

Tests I've taken:
SIBO - Negative
Multiple Giardiasis - Negative
Colonoscopy
Endoscopy

Please share!

#2 brenguy

brenguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:12 PM

Forgot to mention that I was diagnosed with Post Infectious IBS.

#3 sidekick1970

sidekick1970

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:18 AM

Hi Brenguy,

Sounds like I have what you have. One day I woke up feeling nauseated for a day (not vomiting), since then my stomach has not been the same. I have burping and foul smelling gas no matter what I eat but especially with protein. I feel bloated all the time and sometimes nauseous. I don't have "D" or "C".

I have had Endoscopy/Colonoscopy stool testing and all tests negative. So the GI doctor called it Post-Infectious IBS. I was put on hyoscyamine which worked like a magic bullet for 2 weeks then just stopped working and in fact I think is making me feel worse so I am stopping as if today. I have also been taking acidophilus and probiotics. I also started taking Betain HCL, thinking i have low stomach acid (symptoms match). It actually does seem to help but it is really hard swallowing so many pills with each meal.

It is very discouraging, having some sort of stomach ache every day. I go back to the GI in a couple week but feel tortured and trapped!

#4 ItsTheLifeLongPoisonesFood

ItsTheLifeLongPoisonesFood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:29 AM

antacids are not so good for You,.. You throw off the balance chewing tells the system something is coming,.. acid starts the process, lets the rest know what it needs to do,...use the irish sea moss podwer instead.  read on

I too was digosed with IBS or spastic colon,. along with 10 years of insults er visits,..I was a 6ft tall women 230 pounds yep big girl al my life,.. then the attacks started,.. along with it the constipation bloat colic and vapor locked bowls,  first get OFF Glutens,... stay away from dairy!!!!,compramised bowls dont deal welll with  many things  I dont touch cabage,  nothing from the night shade family raw,..aka TOMATOS,..  cooking them well is ok, but if You dont have to dont eat them,.. also POTATOS,   watch out for them,..in a compramised gut they can cause trouble DONT eat packaged dry potato,s YOU dont know how they cheacked them,.. no broccole no colliflour,... look I have spent 10 years with doctors literally letting Me die,.. at the lowest point i was 114 and dropping,.. I took matters into My own hands,..

research whcih alot of doctors HATE!,.. what ive not seen is that appendex pain can also be the sphinter muscle between the large and smal intestant , once the colic starts You get what I call a vapor lock in the guts,....like a car the gad tank to lines they have a word,.. vapor lock which doesnt allow  the gut to move thigs in the right way,.soooo it trys to pull back wards.... understand?  blow up a bag then suck in....that muscle is not suppose to allow it to go back wards,.. oh yes it can hurt awfully!!!! and also come and go    also   sorry but doctors will not agressively persure parisits,  DONT let them give You one stood sample and say nope You dont have none....BULL SH eye T . once there is vapor lock nothing moves,..I figured out what hicups are!!!!!!! woohooo,..  it happens when the air cant go down a spasm (and im sure built in)  makes You hicup as a reaction  "burping itsself"   im 51 now,... this so called ibs,  has killed My gallbladder caused hiadle hurnia, as well as many many other things,..  heres what happens,.. it starts, causes symtoms but! once it goes on sooo long those
"symptoms" turn into "stand alone problems" that no longer need the main trouble to feed there problems,....  ive been over a year now gluten free and only greek yogert as dairy,.. get off ALL prossesed foods,.. sorry its all poison,..  OK   for help   what I found was  IRISH SEA MOSS,. powder!,...I have horses,.. had a few colic,.. in horses this is life or death,.. I researched found a product called horse colic relife sooooooo even to it was 85 BUCKS we ordered it,... ill be danged it worked!!!!! i couldnt believe it 30 minutes they had gut sounds two hours later poopin and fine!!!!!!,...so I took the ingrediants apart,.. oh my oh my to My disbelieve it was irish sea moss!,.. I ordered it right away,.. I found a company in maine on amazon call main coast sea veggies,.. when I just bought a pound it was 14:45 so i talked to the owner of the company and now order 10 pounds for 10:45 thats with shipping!!!!,.. for myself I put it in like chicken broth, it really doesnt taste like much but the smell is like old sock that You walked thru sea weed in and it dryed in the closet,.. butttttttttttttttttttttttttt pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee  this is a big help,  it sooths the guts,.. it hits the fecial and turns it softer so gas can pass! this has help unlock the vapor lock,...   humans were meant to"graze" just like many animals,.. instead we eat "meals"     any docotr that tels You that not gong poo EVERY DAY isnt abnormal is just comparing it to the rest of the nation sorry were all sick here,...

those  aka beer bellys?     they also call it "wheat belly"   getting it?.....You see people normal in size except that big belly?... yep  there is a start to all of the  "names " they put to differant areas this all causes,. but it begins at birth,...  stay away from soy,...ony fermented soy is safe,.... soy skrews with Your thyroid,..amoung many many other things,,, research look each of these things up,...

malnutrian, malobsorbtion..........goes along with the troubles, dont eat meat as a main thing on Your plate,...  its a side dish,...I eat all the time, I found differant ingrediants to use.... its a slow prossess this getting better,....  DONT GIVE up.......when I looked up trails on all this they will only take You if Your gluiten free TWO YEARS,.. why? cause Your insides need time to heal and You have to learn to go back to basic,s             DONT trust food out at restruants  ,... get away from those spices You dont need and ad ones You do,... spices???????? listen they were medicine before they were food flavorings,....look it up! 

why do some get diverticulosis and not al of us get the same thing? well each family lives works eats together so that   "genitics"  they talk about is in part You are raised in a family they eat much the same till they get old enough to expaned,...so yeah if  I eat this way then I raised 4 sons who I of course fed like I was raised as well.....  doc,s would say oh  it runs in the family    WHICH to our brains answers it oh so nothing i can do.....nope theres many things YOu can do and the way this attacks You is where Your body is the weakest,... get a pile of fruit put it in a bag and watch,.. the fruit doesnt rot exatly the same,...but there all fruit right,.. same with what we have been fed,.... the garbage GMO weed killers spliced into food!,..into animal feed!!!!!,..im tired have to stop for now.. hope some of this helps..

OHH yes  You tube shows how to use differant sea moss    just make sure to add enough liquid this powder will take 4 or 5 times its weight i liquid...  use a blenderit acts like flour in could milk,... it must have enough liquid!!!!!! ultimate importain,...

#5 DeterminedToGetBetter

DeterminedToGetBetter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:14 AM

Hi Brenguy,

Yes I was thinking low stomach acid might be part of your problem.  Often people who suffer from heartburn type symptoms and therefore take ant-acids can actually be suffering from low stomach acid rather than high - more info on the net.  This might be why the ACV helps you (often considered a help for mild problem but you may need to hit the betaine HCL tablets).

I'm beginning to investigate this in terms of my problems.  I went to see a nutritionist and she said the digestive system is like a set of dominoes, one thing (like acid in your stomach) triggers a series of events at the beginning of the digestive process which continue through to the end.  If you don't have sufficient acid at the start, a whole lot of other things might not happen as well further down the system (like the release of digestive enzymes).

Good luck.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chronic, flatulence, gas, bloating, post infectious, ibs

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here