Afternoon problems - IBS Diarrhea (IBS-D) - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Afternoon problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bushja1

bushja1

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:43 AM

Advertisement

Just about every afternoon I started getting really bad gas and multiple small bowel movements.    It doesn't matter what I eat and it gets worse into the evening.   I'll feel like I have to go and like I said,  have a very small bowel movement and about five minutes later I'll have to go again.   Not diarrhea,   but just a very small amount.   I thought maybe I was having the opposite of my normal IBS-D and tried a laxative...huge mistake.    I'll  also feel my energy wane.   I know this is a common thing in the afternoon,  but I wonder if lack of energy can be causing my intestinal problems.    Any ideas?

#2 Colt

Colt

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:13 PM

No ideas, but I have a similar afternoon situation.  Prior to IBS, I never had a BM in the afternoon, but now it is a daily occurrence and so to is the gas and the bloating that goes with it.  I too get tired and I feel that it is related to the strain that this condition puts on your body.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here