medication is a temporary solution - Your Story - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo
- - - - -

medication is a temporary solution

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 07:44 AM

Advertisement
I have had IBS-D for the last eight years and it seems only to have gotten worse as I've aged. For two years I took and anti-anxiety drug and bentyl. I gained some weight, but I felt good--I had D maybe once a month or sometimes I'd go three or four months without an attack. But I recently came off the medication becuase I want to get pregnant. Well now I am back to my urgent attacks once in the morning. It leaves me feeling depressed and like I can't eat anything healthy. When I eat alot of fruit or vegetables or brown bread or oatmeal I get sick. But I need these foods for nutrition. So now I am back to where I started. The only relief I get is a hot water bottle on my abdomen and yoga. But there's no miracle cure. Posted Image

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here