Do you feel tired after a ibs "attack" / "spasm " - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Do you feel tired after a ibs "attack" / "spasm "

Ibs spasm attack tiredness

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 choccokels

choccokels

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:04 PM

Advertisement
Hello,
I've got a question :)
The only way to explain it is a bad ibs attack / spasm when it hurts in your stomach for so long where you can not move for the pain and then goes leaving a ackey pain but not as intense,
Once you have of these are you left tired and worn out ?

Because once I do I'm knackered from it and wanna know if there is anyone else like this ??

Thankyou !

#2 adamsapple1991

adamsapple1991

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:21 AM

No but I know exactly what you mean about the pain! Im currently going through that exact same thing. It's horrible, how long does the pain last for you?

#3 RuthH

RuthH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:18 PM

Yes I do.  It's entirely exhausting so can totally empathise with you.

• choccokels likes this

#4 IndianRopeTrick

IndianRopeTrick

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:01 PM

Often. My energy levels go low and I cannot think very clearly and quickly.

• choccokels likes this

IBS Free after about 8 years ! Now, I am living with a small Hiatal hernia and fixing my sleep problems. Not too bad.

#5 choccokels

choccokels

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:27 PM

Mine can last a good few minutes, I seem to have the majority of mine at early hours. So I wake up in a lot if pain which unfortunately wakes my partner and he panicks because he doesn't know what to do.

What do you ( adamsapple1992) do and how long does it last you?

And that's quite a relief (RuthH & Indianropetrick) I thought that I was the only one that it happened to because a few people I talked to didn't , so I couldn't understand if I was explaining it correctly or why I was being so tired from it

Thankyou all though :)

#6 RuthH

RuthH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 05:00 PM

I tend to get bouts of bloating and trapped gas through the night, which wakes me up and I can be awake for a couple of hours while trying to get comfortable again.  It's the whole vicious circle thing, if I don't get enough sleep, I end up having an attack and so on.  I feel tired most of the time but not as bad as when I'm up half the night, so no you're not the only one choccokels. :)

#7 TVgirl

TVgirl

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:52 AM

Extremely tired and because i have daily problems i am slways tired.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ibs, spasm, attack, tiredness

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here