Choosing a Multivitamin - Over-the-Counter (OTC) Treatments - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Choosing a Multivitamin

vitamins supplements multivitamin

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Alyeska Martinez

Alyeska Martinez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:49 AM

Advertisement

Hey everyone,

I'm hoping for suggestions on a good multivitamin. I know that sounds silly, but I've purchased many vitamins in the past that have really messed my stomach up. But I believe getting a good vitamin balance is essential for my health. I think certain additives (like sulfites) are a problem for me.

Any recommendations are appreciated! :)

#2 PD85

PD85

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:03 PM

It is likely the vitamins themselves that are messing up your stomach. Especially in a multivitamin, there are so many potential stomach messer-uppers. Zinc, magnesium, high doses of the B vitamins, vitamin C, etc... you're probably better off just getting a blood panel of all your vitamin levels and supplementing with any that are low.

I have tried 10+ different multi-vitamins and they have all messed up my stomach. 

"I could be wrong about everything." -Me

#3 Alyeska Martinez

Alyeska Martinez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:56 PM

Thank you for the response! I had no idea that certain vitamins could upset your stomach, other than magnesium. I've had a CBC in the past 6 months and it showed all my levels as normal, so I guess I should probably just lay off the supplements :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vitamins, supplements, multivitamin

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here