7 replies to this topic

#1 scottjynr

scottjynr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:00 AM

Advertisement

hi. never normally do this sort of thing, please read and comment as I used this site 2 years ago and your comments do help in lots of ways, 1 to gain information, 2 to turn a light on increasing stomach problems and 3 to help other individuals.long post, I apologies but please read as it may help your pain.  this is my story which hopefully will help people out of there stomach misery. Im a working male, healthy, until 2 years ago, then it started, intermittent stomach aches with constipation, so took over the counter ibrofen and laxatives, then further stomach aches, more bloating, more constipation, went docs, he said stomach ulcer, so was put on meds, then further stomach bloating, sweats and constipation, endoscopy completed (not a nice procedure but I got through it, slight small hiatus hernia found, put on ppi,s (proton pumps, antiacids) then I started to decline, sweats, dizziness, continual bloat, heartburn,neusea, weight gain, fatique, so come off ppis, used over the counter zantac instead (which helped, anyone having problems with ppi,s please try zantac as they are not as harsh) still got bloat, feeling unwell, dizziness, irritability, constipation, stomach ache, pain on right side by ribs, bachache etc, so sent for a transit study, which was fine, changed doc as he said ibs but I was on no gluten, wheat, alcohol, low fat diet, new doc says ibs, another doc says ibs and another! and to use peppermint and exercise which is the last thing on your mind when you feel unwell, but did it, tried Chinese meds, acupuncture, sports massage, electro acupuncture, acupressure, self massage, even yoga! probiotics,aloe vera, spent hundreds, none worked for me, still constipated, still feel rough, still bloated, constipation, stomach pains, so back to docs, he says im depressed, which I never was, the stomach problems were getting me down as by now 2 years had past with no resolve, so he puts me on antidepressants, on them 3 days until I cam off as they were turning me into a zombie and I knew I wasn't depressed, still doc says ibs, very frustrating, so after numerous hourly google searches found the hida scan! put it to the back of my mind. so yet another a and e visit (had numerous a and e visits due to severity of symptons, im sure you can relate to that) was kept in overnight this time though, bloods normal etc, told ibs yet again! but this time when talking to the doctor I demanded (yes demanded! not my nature but as you are reading this you can relate to my pain and one thing iv noticed about our struggling nhs is that you need to be assertive) a hida scan (gallbladder emptying test) was booked in, easy test, you lay on an xray table and they take constant pics of your stomach for an hour, then you eat a cheese sandwich and they take pictures for another hour to see if your gallbladder is emptying bile properly to digest your food. guess what my gallbladder still hadn't emptied after the hour, I was told to go for a walk and return, did this and it still hadn't emptied! iv got biliary dyskensa, not ibs as directed by numerous doctors. so doctors it never was ibs, its a faulty gallbladder!!! so got a appointment with the surgeon on 6th jan 2014 to have my gallbladder removed. not looking forward to it but after 2 years of stomach issues, tests etc im ready to hopefully get it out and return to normality. how the hell ive kept a partner and held my job down with this ill never know,  my patient partner I thankyou. I did 2 years of pain, have heard of people diagnosed with ibs for 10 years when it was there gallbladder. off work now,ill be returning to workafter my op as been off 3 weeks due to bloat, nausea, tiredness, constipation, stomach pain, lack of sleep, brain fog, sound familiar? ibs? id request a painless hida scan! now! thank you for reading.

#2 Kathleen M.

Kathleen M.

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34954 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:26 AM

Hi scotty, it isn't a good idea to have your email as your user name, so as a community manager I'm going to remove the @ and the after that.

People could emal you through the board if you have your profile set up to allow them to do that.  If you have your email as your user name or post it in your message the spambots find it and you get your email sold to every spammer, and that can be a pain.

Your log in will be the same, all that was changed is what shows up as your name next to the posts.

K.

My story of beating IBS: My Story with IBS
Ph.D in Biology

#3 Jokotau

Jokotau

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:45 PM

Hi, i just red description of biliary dyskinesia and they describe pain on the right side somewhat of appearing after eating and disappearing some time after. Problem is, mine is mild but almost constant and i didn't see any real connection between it and eating. Which one do You have? And do You have food sensitivities along with other symptoms?

#4 scottjynr

scottjynr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:16 AM

hi ya jokotau, pain dull but almost constant? that's the pain I now have, similar to yourself, you see what ive learnt from research is that symptons are different for different people, the stomach is a maze and a headache for doctors, if you have a sore ear then theres something wrong with your ear but with the stomach the symptons are nearly the same for most stomach issues which is why its so hard to find the issues, gallbladder pain is like ibs, ibs pain is like gastroitiis, gastroitis pain is like.....and so on, all I can say is as you've read from my post is that I tried everything possible to deal with and control diagnosed ibs when after a simple stomach scan (hida scan)something else was found-biliary dyskensia. wrongly diagnosed for 2 years, pains progresses with this, manageable to start but creeps up on you so advisable to sort early, typical gallbladder problems are very similar to ibs..bloating, headaches, brain fog, stomach aches,neuse, wind etc, hence misdiagnosis, I wish you luck as hopefully you will sort your mild constant pain, if you've tried everything else (no fat, no alcohol, no coffee, no gluten etc) then what have you to lose by having a painless hida scan. good luck.

#5 scottjynr

scottjynr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:31 AM

p.s what I learnt is if all your tests are coming back normal(bloods, intolerences etc) don't think your going mad! as I know how frustrating it can get when every doctor keeps diagnosing ibs all the time! keep the faith, you know your own body!

#6 Jokotau

Jokotau

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:41 PM

thanks for sharing, i'm going to my gastroenterologist next monday, definetly will speak with her about this and probably will get my test scheduled.

#7 scottjynr

scottjynr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:46 AM

Good luck, let me know how you get on

#8 Jokotau

Jokotau

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:51 AM

hey, how are you feeling? operation helped? your IBS gone?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ibs, neusea, tired, stomachache, pain, cure, help, doctor, constipation, bloat

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here