Help me to gain some weight! - IBS Diarrhea (IBS-D) - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Help me to gain some weight!

weight loss diarrhea weight

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 seroujb

seroujb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:26 PM

Advertisement

I am a male, 27 and I only weight 46-47 KG. 

I am really tired of hearing the same comments wherever I go, whoever I speak to, about my weight. But I agree with them, its time to put some weight on, I really look sick...

What is your advice to gain some weight, when I have diarrhea almost every day?

thank you

#2 Kathleen M.

Kathleen M.

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34954 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:05 PM

If you have foods that don't bother you that much, try upping your portions of those foods rather than trying to add foods that make your diarrhea worse (like high fat greasy food).

If you can't gain weight even when eating more than enough calories then you may need to be checked for celiac disease if you haven't been already.

IBS diarrhea usually doesn't effect the small intestine that much so it can absorb all the calories.  But first you may want to see if you are eating anywhere near enough to be gaining weight or are you minimizing the amount you eat to avoid symptoms so are basically always eating a weight loss diet.

My story of beating IBS: My Story with IBS
Ph.D in Biology

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: weight loss, diarrhea, weight

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here