Miralax & insomnia? - IBS Constipation (IBS-C) and Chronic Constipation - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Miralax & insomnia?

Miralax laxative

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Browneyedgirl77

Browneyedgirl77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:18 AM

Advertisement

I just saw a gastroenterologist the first time the other day for my IBS-C, and he told me to take Miralax to help me out a bit, but only two days into taking it, I'm experiencing some worrisome side effects. It helped me have a bm the first day I took it, but the second day (yesterday), I started feeling a bit nauseated and really weird after I took it and never had a bm.

Now I'm sitting in my bed, after 2 in the morning, unable to sleep, with a slight headache. Insomnia is very rare with me--I'm usually a very sound sleeper--so I'm sure this is related to the Miralax. I've been researching Miralax on the internet, and what I'm finding out is scaring me a bit. Apparently it can have nasty side effects for some people--including insomnia. I wish I'd researched it before I took it.

Has anyone else experienced insomnia, or any other troubling side effects, taking Miralax?

#2 ABNormal

ABNormal

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:08 PM

I have not had insomnia with it.  I have found that it does not work for me unless I take it with Linzess.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Miralax, laxative

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here