Fantastic Help for IBS-D- called Diarsoothe - Page 2 - IBS Diarrhea (IBS-D) - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Fantastic Help for IBS-D- called Diarsoothe

ibs-d diarrhea help ibd e-coli

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 happymommmy

happymommmy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:13 PM

Yes, it has definitely helped to prevent and stop the "diar" for me. It calms down gas, and cramps too. I didn't see the continued conversation about the diarsoothe till today.

#22 bushja1

bushja1

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:07 PM

What dose are people using for preventative measure?  The instructions aren't real clear. 

#23 happymommmy

happymommmy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:21 PM

Can this be used to prevent diarrhea?   I bought some,   but right now I have problems with excess gas and going too often , but not really diarrhea.    Has anyone tried this as a preventative?

Yes -the Diarsoothe is a great preventer of diarrhea, as well as a resolve.

#24 happymommmy

happymommmy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:23 PM

What dose are people using for preventative measure?  The instructions aren't real clear. 

When I'm wanting to prevent, I take a few tablespoons. When I've fought with diarr*, I take about 1/4 to 1/2 a cup.

#25 scubaman888

scubaman888

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:56 AM

Diarsoothe, not as "unknown' as I thought. is great for stress related ibs-d. tastes ok. wish it was at local stores, too.

#26 Moises

Moises

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:05 PM

I find it odd that nowhere can I find a complete list of ingredients. I know that it contains blackberries. What does that mean? The fruit? The leaves? The roots? What else?

Those who promote this product tell us to look at the reviews on amazon. There are three reviews when I looked. Two of the three reviews were highly suspect.

One reviewer, "A. Smith," wrote his review on Feb. 12, 2014. On that day he also posted 25 other amazon reviews. It is possible that someone legitimately wrote 26 reviews on one day. It is also possible that any substance can have powerful placebo effects.

Another review, "Delta Guy," has only ever written two reviews for amazon. And they were both written on Feb. 10, 2014. For neither of the items was he verified as someone who made a purchase on amazon. Of course, he could have purchased it elsewhere but this product is not widely available.

I hope that I am wrong and this this product is an effective, low-cost, natural cure for diarrhea, IBS-D, colitis, crohns, E. coli, cholera, listeriosis, salmonellosis, celiac disease, dysentery, gastroenteritis, and shigellosis. But given how narrowly this product is distributed and how short a time it has been marketed, I would guess that very few people have actually taken it. I wonder what justifies the assertion that this  product can be effective in all these different diseases.

#27 movetony88

movetony88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:54 PM

That sounds like a plan. Amzon has top reviews on that. Looking into shakley for a remedy for constipation too. Anyone familiar with this?

#28 gettingbetternow

gettingbetternow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:50 PM

Judging by the way the diar soothe worked for me, I'd bet it prevent pretty well.

#29 scubaman888

scubaman888

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:38 PM

Does this stuff help with gas? I get affected by eating egg salad, one of my favorites.

#30 IBS2

IBS2

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:03 PM

I'm with Moises, if this product was all its cracked up to be there would be  a significant number of posts on this forum.  Only time and more people who try this product and report back will tell.

#31 atilla

atilla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 12:00 AM

rolleyes.gif  Of course Amazon has great reviews on it, all 3 of them.  Amazon is the only place that sells it and the 3 reviews are probably from the 3 people that make it.  Seriously, It looks like it's made in someone's bathtub and bottled in the garage.   If you used it and it worked, great... I think I'll pass on this one  rolleyes.gif

#32 Colt

Colt

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:39 AM

Anything is worth trying....but I can totally understand why people are tired of spending good money on BS.  IBS is the 'wild west' of the drug world. Everybody seems to be selling snake oil.

I just spoke with a biologist who said that there is no way  99% of probiotics would ever make it though your gut far enough to help. Who knows?

I am trying to find something that works for the two days a week I take off from Imodium....so far nothing helps my leakage like Imodium.

#33 lebreck31

lebreck31

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 01:52 PM

If you have to take a whole cup when you have the diarrhea it is a waste of money! I would go through a bottle every day and it is not exactly cheap. I ordered some just to try it because i will try anything once but i took a couple tablespoons the last few days and see no difference. I wouldn't waste your money. If somehow a miracle happens and it cures me(very doubtful) i will eat crow and come back and post it but don't hold your breath.

#34 IBS_not_b_good

IBS_not_b_good

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:31 PM

I tried it after reading some of the posts on here. The bottle is 16 oz. and cost $20 plus shipping. In my opinion it is a waste of money! It did absolutely nothing for me! Stick to immodium until they find something that works better and don't waste your money! If this actually worked they would have it at stores all over the world. The only place you can buy it is Amazon. If you are actually serious "happymommy" and not just a salesman trying to promote something on this site i apologize but after trying it for myself i will not recommend it to anyone! Placebo's don't work for most people.
  • Moises likes this

#35 bushja1

bushja1

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:11 AM

I've never tried more than a couple tbsps,  but it doesn't seem to help me either.   

• Moises likes this

#36 IBS_not_b_good

IBS_not_b_good

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:16 AM

What are the ingredients? Can you buy it, or any equivalent, in the UK?

#37 IBS_not_b_good

IBS_not_b_good

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:19 AM

Water is the first ingrediant listed so its over half water! The other is blackberry juice concentrate so don't buy it you are better off buying some blackberries at the store if you really want to try it but it's a waste of money. Made my D worse to be honest.

#38 kat_hy

kat_hy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:36 AM

I tried it for a couple of weeks and it did nothing for me. It actually made me feel even worse because I would usually take it in the morning and feel sick after drinking it. Also, when I received my package, there was a slip inside saying please post a review and if you gave a 5 star rating then they would send you another bottle for free. In addition, the slip mentioned that if for any reason you were not inclined to give a 5 star rating, to please talk to them first to try to find a solution to the problem/give advice, etc. I was a little put off after reading that slip. It seems like they really don't want bad reviews. I think overall it was just a waste of money for me. 

I tried using it when I had an especially bad episode and had to resort to Imodium because it was not helping.

• Colt likes this

#39 Colt

Colt

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:53 PM

I tried it for a couple of weeks and it did nothing for me. It actually made me feel even worse because I would usually take it in the morning and feel sick after drinking it. Also, when I received my package, there was a slip inside saying please post a review and if you gave a 5 star rating then they would send you another bottle for free. In addition, the slip mentioned that if for any reason you were not inclined to give a 5 star rating, to please talk to them first to try to find a solution to the problem/give advice, etc. I was a little put off after reading that slip. It seems like they really don't want bad reviews. I think overall it was just a waste of money for me. 

I tried using it when I had an especially bad episode and had to resort to Imodium because it was not helping.

So they are manipulating their ratings by bribing people to be dishonest. Nice.

#40 Kathleen M.

Kathleen M.

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34954 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:05 PM

They way they did it does seem a bit odd.  However it isn't uncommon for businesses to incentivize people who like the product to give reviews or feedback.  Even if it is just you get entered for a monthly drawing if you fill out the feedback form.

People who are very upset usually don't need any incentive other than the chance to vent and rant to tell you or anyone else about how terrible you are.  People who love your service usually don't go out of their way to fill out the surveys or rate you.

That being said, most of the incentives are if you fill out the form at all.  They don't say only if you give us a great review, and the please call us if you aren't satisfied could be done in a much better way that doesn't set off people's spidey senses.

My story of beating IBS: My Story with IBS
Ph.D in Biology

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ibs-d, diarrhea help, ibd, e-coli

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here