What have I not tried? - Your Story - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo
- - - - -

What have I not tried?

medication supplements yeast diflucan virus postpartum depression

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Zemi

Zemi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:32 AM

Advertisement

Hey to everyone,

I'm new here but I already feel a little better just going through the list of symptoms on the registration page.    Its good to know I'm not alone!    In  a nutshell, my IBS seemed to be triggered several years ago by a combo of postpartum depression and a stomach virus.   When I first took an antidepressant for PPD I felt just fine but after stopping it the IBS came back in full force so I tried Bentyl/dicyclomine and the results were great - IBS practically gone!

My second pregnancy I stopped the Bentyl and kept thinking it would work just as well when I started it again after weaning my baby.   WRONG.   It barely makes an impact and hyoscimine does't help much either.   I've done diflucan for yeast, digestive enzymes, no dairy or gluten, and Inflammacore (helps some), Cymbalta again, Betaine, etc.

Is there a prescription other than the ones I've tried that has been successful with anyone?   I'm starting a full time job next week and I'm getting desperate!

Thanks for any suggestions. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: medication, supplements, yeast, diflucan, virus, postpartum depression

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here