Experiences with coloxyl with senna? Aka docusate sodium with senna - Constipation Prescription Medications - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Experiences with coloxyl with senna? Aka docusate sodium with senna

IBS-C coloxyl with senna docusate sodium constipation

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Simone86

Simone86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:55 PM

Advertisement

So I have just seen my Dr regarding my current 'bowel' situation. In the past my main problem has been incomplete evacuation - I would usually 'go' to the loo everyday, and the stool would be quite soft, it was just rarely enough to push everything through, so to speak. My go-to medication was ducolax (aka biscodyl) which I would take maybe once a week, and I would return to 'normal' for a few days afterwards.

However, after taking my last dose of biscodyl, my stool has become quite hard. I still 'go' most mornings but again it's not enough and, despite my efforts to drink more and eat 'softer foods', my stool will not soften.

So this morning my Dr prescribed me coloxyl with senna aka docusate sodium with senna because it has both a stimulant and a stool softener.

What are other peoples experiences with this? Are there any side effects? How long does it usually take to work?

• LindaFoster likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IBS-C, coloxyl with senna, docusate sodium, constipation

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here