Finally some news? - Abdominal Pain - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Finally some news?

abdominal pain gallstones

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Veggiegirl02

Veggiegirl02

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:53 PM

Advertisement

I am not saying I am 100 percent out of the woods ( wouldn't that be grand?) I got my results back and they said I had gallstones. I am still not out of the woods though....... I go back for more tests to check my gallbladder yet againunsure.png so I might have to get my gallbladder taken out or I might just have gallstones and with proper diet they might go away?? I do not know...... My doctor wanted to do a SIBO test TBH since I have gallstones I think it would be pointless ( maybe I am wrong) any help would be appreciated.  I just pray I am getting a light towards the end of the tunnel........ 

#2 Lauram58

Lauram58

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:19 AM

Hi , i had my gall bladder removed around maybe 2 years ago, approx 20% of people then go on to suffer chronic diareahh. I unfortunatley was part of that 20%! The past 2 weeks or so has been the worst of my life im literally housebound, its took my DR 2 years to refer me to a gastro nurse which is the 19th of this month. I feel for you as te gall stone pain is awful, however i sometimes wish i had just put up with it as rather that than how im feeling now. Hopefully you wont be one of the unlucky ones who develop this! X

#3 GrumbleGuts

GrumbleGuts

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:45 PM

Hi VeggieGirl,

I'm sort of in your shoes myself. I found out a couple months ago that I had gallstones, after suffering an attack. I'm seeing my surgeon this week about getting it removed, but I've also been working with my GI to help solve my severe IBS issues. So far I was tested for Lactose Intolerance, was negative, but from my symptoms and the general test results my doctor recommended treatment for SIBO as well as further testing with a gastric emptying study I will be doing here soon.

The point is that even though gallstones are a pretty rough issue, it may not be the only one here. I know I'm ready to get this sucker out but from what I've experienced with testing and what my doctor has told me, there seems to be more to the story here. I mean, it can't hurt to cover all your bases before you go under the knife. At least that's my own opinion, but I understand your frustration and hope you find an answer soon!

GG.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: abdominal pain, gallstones

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here