Saccharomyces boulardii ? - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Saccharomyces boulardii ?

Saccharomyces boulardii dysbiosis bloating leaky gut

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Nojokeibs

Nojokeibs

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 09:10 PM

Advertisement

I may try this as a supplement to help with the super sensitivity I have to bloating and abdominal pain at the moment.  I found it when I was just casually watching youtube videos about leaky gut syndrome.  You never know when a diamond in the ruff will appear.  

Anyone try this remedy?  Did it help?

http://www.nlm.nih.g...atural/332.html

Thanks!

Ever been to the Museum of Medical Oddities in Philadelphia, PA?  My picture is from there.  That's the guy with the megacolon.  I suppose he lived before surgery could help him.  His actual colon is there too, thick as my leg.  

----

My History in Brief

#2 Nojokeibs

Nojokeibs

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:07 AM

After more research, I've decided that if I need more of this particular probiotic, I will just buy a bunch of grapes.  Apparently boulardii is a more aggressive strain of S. cereviciae so I couldn't be sure I was getting the exact strain I want.  In any case, this might explain the French "grape diet."  If anyone has more info on this subject, I'd be happy to hear it. 

Ever been to the Museum of Medical Oddities in Philadelphia, PA?  My picture is from there.  That's the guy with the megacolon.  I suppose he lived before surgery could help him.  His actual colon is there too, thick as my leg.  

----

My History in Brief

#3 Kathleen M.

Kathleen M.

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34954 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:34 AM

I think a lot of people who have used it here took the brand Floraster so searching that term may help.

• Nojokeibs likes this
My story of beating IBS: My Story with IBS
Ph.D in Biology

#4 Nojokeibs

Nojokeibs

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:56 AM

Cool thanks, I didn't know that had it as an ingredient. 

----

My History in Brief

#5 Nojokeibs

Nojokeibs

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:58 AM

Hmm...

No results found for 'florastor'. 

I tried floraster also.  Am I spelling it wrong?

----

My History in Brief

#6 Kathleen M.

Kathleen M.

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34954 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:19 AM

Yea it should be florastor

Search worked for me, make sure it is on forums or use the gear for the advanced search

My story of beating IBS: My Story with IBS
Ph.D in Biology

#7 Nojokeibs

Nojokeibs

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:56 AM

That worked!  :)

----

My History in Brief

#8 SJN888

SJN888

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:39 PM

I have taken Saccharomyces Boulardii every day for the last ten years or so. I also take Digestive Advantage (bacillus coagulans, I think) every morning, and Jarrow brand s boulardii every evening (Florastor worked for me too). I also eat no wheat, no dairy, no artificial sweeteners, low fiber/low residue, no (or maybe low) carbs with meals, no alcohol, no caffeine, etc. I can cheat a little on some things and have minor consequences (a bad day or two). I have stopped taking S boulardii 4 times thinking that maybe I didn't need it anymore. I feel ok for a few days, then have a full-blown debilitating flare beginning around 7 or 8 days after discontinuing. I originally thought that maybe discontinuing the s boulardii left me susceptible to a stomach flu or food poisoning, but eventually realized it might be more than that. I have tested positive for signs of Crohn's disease, but haven't had a flare in 3+ years (so I will continue to take S boulardii as long as I keep feeling ok).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Saccharomyces boulardii, dysbiosis, bloating, leaky gut

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here