i dont know how to live - Your Story - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo
- - - - -

i dont know how to live

ibs severe help advice

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Inneedofadvice

Inneedofadvice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 06 May 2014 - 12:01 AM

Advertisement

i was diagnosed with ibs when i was 19 years old. i am 25 now over the years my symptoms have become even more severe. i am no longer able to leave my home or even work. i have been on every ,medication and diet under the sun with little to no relief. the only relief i had was when i was in a clinical trial for "rifaxamin" i was symptom free for 3 weeks without medication or diet alterations, only for my symptoms to return. i have been heavily tested and studied by some of the best doctors on the east coast, and they have no answers i live with ibs every single minute of my life in the most severe ways. if there is anyone who reads this and is in the same situation i am i would really love to hear from you. 

#2 Kathleen M.

Kathleen M.

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34954 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:51 AM

Any reason why you can't repeat the rifamixin (which is commonly used for SIBO) and try the SIBO diet in Pimentel's book to try to extend the remission time?

My story of beating IBS: My Story with IBS
Ph.D in Biology

#3 Inneedofadvice

Inneedofadvice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:06 AM

hi Kathleen!  i was tested for sibos with a breath hydrogen test and it came back negative. my dr said  he cannot prescribe me medication for a condition i do not have.As far as the diet,i did try a sibo diet when the symptoms returned and it made no difference what so ever. "salix pharmaciticals" had rifaximin  approved when the trial was over for the treatment of ibs. They told me in December that it should be available  in 2015.i am willing to try anything at this point. what is this book, whats it called and where can i find it!?

#4 Kathleen M.

Kathleen M.

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34954 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 12:08 PM

http://www.amazon.co...ywords=pimentel

Is the book by the doctor that started investigating SIBO in patients with IBS.

My story of beating IBS: My Story with IBS
Ph.D in Biology

#5 Inneedofadvice

Inneedofadvice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:34 PM

i just bought it for my kindle! thank you so much!

#6 kat_hy

kat_hy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 04 July 2014 - 02:45 AM

I really hope you can get better! It's especially tough being young and having IBS. I also developed it when I was 19 and my life's been hell since. I've been doing a lot of research on things that might help symptoms and one thing that caught my attention was colostrum. I just bought some and will be trying it out. Hopefully both of us can find something that works to control this!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ibs, severe, help, advice

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here