Constipation while going abroad - Traveling with a Health Condition - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Constipation while going abroad

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tamar1

Tamar1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:53 AM

Advertisement

Hi to all!

I'm new here... was just diagnosed with IBS, have been suffering for the past two years though.

I'm a 32 year old waman and also have multipul tendons inflammations and muscle pain through out my body.

So, for the past two years or so, every time I've gone a broad on vacation, I ended up constipated during my vacation :(

Somehow every time I go abroad this happanes to me.

I suffer of diarrhea, constipation and gas... I travel by plian, it's only a few hours flight from Israel to Europe.

I don't do anything the wrong way while on the plain, but every time I arrive at my destination, I'm constipated and no matter what I do, I'm stuck like that (literaly... ;-) ) for the entire vacation (about a week).

Besides that this whole IBS thing sucks, it sucks on holiday....

Does anyone have an idea for me what I can so it woldn't happen?

Or what to do if it does happen again?

I'm going abroad in two weeks and want to be ready for it this time....

Thanks in advance!

#2 BQ

BQ

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14427 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:46 AM

Go out and get a plain stool softener (docusate sodium) and bring it with you. You could try it now before you go, to see how your body responds to it.  It will not "make" you go like a laxative does... It simply makes it easier to pass the BM.  Try it!   And have a great time on your trip!

Please remember this is a group of folks seeking support on how to live with and manage IBS. THESE ARE ONLY MY OWN THOUGHTS. IF YOU WANT AN EXPERT OPINION, ASK A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here