19 years old newly diagnosed and need reassurance PLEASE - Page 2 - IBS Constipation (IBS-C) and Chronic Constipation - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

19 years old newly diagnosed and need reassurance PLEASE

colon ibs help ireland young teen

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 danielvarian

danielvarian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 29 May 2014 - 07:59 AM

Yes but i cannot get over the fear due to the 8 pound weight loss in 6 weeks.

#22 Kathleen M.

Kathleen M.

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34954 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 08:17 AM

Were you eating more than normal when you lost the weight?

Or do you tend to eat less the more fearful you feel, or when you are in pain?

8 pounds in 6 weeks is just 500 calories a day less than you need and if your appetite is down it isn't that hard to do.

And there are lot or other much more likely reasons to lose weight unexpectedly (thyroid issues, diabetes starting up, etc) than endstage undetectable cancer that is not doing anything else to your health at all.

My story of beating IBS: My Story with IBS
Ph.D in Biology

#23 danielvarian

danielvarian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 29 May 2014 - 08:22 AM

Were you eating more than normal when you lost the weight?

Or do you tend to eat less the more fearful you feel, or when you are in pain?

8 pounds in 6 weeks is just 500 calories a day less than you need and if your appetite is down it isn't that hard to do.

And there are lot or other much more likely reasons to lose weight unexpectedly (thyroid issues, diabetes starting up, etc) than endstage undetectable cancer that is not doing anything else to your health at all.

I havent really been eating at all. 

This could be due to the anxiety, or due to the fact im afraid im going to have to have bowl movements afterwards.

#24 Kathleen M.

Kathleen M.

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34954 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 08:34 AM

If you lose weight when you don't eat, that is normal weight loss.

Medically relevant weight loss (indicates something abnormal going on) is when you lose weight when you are eating as much or even way more than usual and still losing weight.

Normal weight loss is a sign your body is working correctly.

Ph.D in Biology

#25 danielvarian

danielvarian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 29 May 2014 - 01:41 PM

If cc was present in the rectal region, would it cause bleeding?

#26 Kathleen M.

Kathleen M.

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34954 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 08:57 AM

Colon cancer anywhere in the colon causes bleeding, but usually in tiny amounts you can't really see and show up on a stool tests (but iron in your diet can also make that show up positive.

Small amounts of bright blood on the stool or on the TP are almost always the much much much much much more common hemarhoid or in some cases the relatively common anal fissure (small tear).

Do you want to bet on having something that 10% of people tend to have (or more) or something that may be a one in a million chance of having?

Ph.D in Biology

#27 ali_13

ali_13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:40 AM

Hi Daniel, my names Ali. I live in California, and also suffer from IBS. I just want you to know that it may take some time, but things have the possibility to be much more manageable for you. Start doing research online. What sorts of foods do you eat? Consider diet changes if you eat a lot of junk. Add a good probiotic to your diet (everyone responds differently to various brands). Maybe take calcium? I haven't started taking it yet, but have heard good things about it helping solidify poop. I've also read a bit about peppermint being helpful, as well as clay...but i'll have to look into that a bit more haha. Soluble fiber might do you good as well. I don't know how else to help, but feel free to message me. I am new to this site. Sending healing vibes your way!

#28 ali_13

ali_13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:42 AM

oh, also imodium, and lomotil. look into those two pills. imodium can be taken more frequently, but I only take lomotil when i'm having a really bad day, and you need a prescription for lomotil.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: colon, ibs, help, ireland, young, teen

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here