News about IBSgroup.org - Announcements - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

News about IBSgroup.org

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 Jeffrey Roberts

Jeffrey Roberts

Member #1 Founder

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7295 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:11 PM

Advertisement

Dear Community,

Back in 1987 when there were few places to turn to for support for my Irritable Bowel Syndrome, I discovered a support group in my home city.  Having worked in the technology field as the internet was growing, I decided to launch the first support group website for people who had IBS.  Since launching the website in 1995 the IBS Group has grown exponentially, has raised the profile of IBS in the media and online and has helped numerous people cope.

Today I am announcing that I have made the decision to sell the IBS Self Help and Support Group website to a company named VerticalScope.  VerticalScope has taken over all of the hosting, technical support and website sponsorship.  I will be staying on as if there is no change to how we do things.  For me, it was time to let someone else run with the website.

How does this affect you?

Well, it doesn’t.  All the mods stay just as they are and our devoted members and visitors continue to enjoy the community as always and I’m not going anywhere.

Thank you for being a member of our community.

Sincerely,

Jeffrey Roberts - Founder

• Peace Clarity Serenity likes this

#2 The Community Managers

The Community Managers

The Community Managers

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:29 PM

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself to you all. My name is Philip, I am a community manager for Verticalscope.com and will be joining the site to take over the webmaster duties for ibsgroup.org.

I am here to help primarily with the technical end of things and help make the jobs of the current staff easier. I posted a real basic run down to answer common questions below. If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to post them or send me a message.

What are our intentions?

We bring reliability, support and the infrastructure needed to ensure that the community will be around for years to come. It’s our goal to work with your board staff to help provide the resources and required to give this community a broader reach, to attract new members to better the overall knowledge shared in the community.

Will leadership change?

Continuity is the focus here, You as the membership work very hard to keep building this community while staff keep the walls and the roof up in this place; We are primarily here to make sure the lights stay on. Every community is unique and should always be respected in that regard. You guys have established your own unique rules and regulations and a strong reputation that is carried by all of this and it’s paramount that we maintain this level of integrity.

What am I here for?

My primary role is to be the technical contact as I said earlier you all built the foundation and keep the roof from falling, I am here keeping the lights on inside. I will be on the forum checking in daily to make sure regular maintenance is all taken care of and keep things running smoothly from behind the scenes. We will also be setting up a help desk on the site for when you have questions or issues with the site or your account and need assistance.

I do look forward to getting to know you all and this unique community better.

Thanks,

Philip

#3 The Community Managers

The Community Managers

The Community Managers

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 04:40 PM

Hello there,

My name Glenda and I am a community support member who, with my team will be on the site helping out with issues on the site. We look into all the technical issues and account problems on the forum. I will be adding sub-section on Friday, they will be Team to VS support, archives, and a site issues section. Please feel free to send us an PM to help out with any issues on site, we are all eager to help!

Thank you so much and have a lovely day :)

~ Glenda

#4 Budrick2868

Budrick2868

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 09:18 PM

Hi Community managers, 

My name is Lisa - I've been a member since 1998, but had to re-register since my Email has long changed, and I could not recall my previous password. 

This is my first post in many years. And was surprised to see this extraordinary change or new organization. I've always loved this place and I come back to peek in

every now and again.

Thank you for keeping this GI saving, Life - saving place going - It means so much to so many people, like myself. 

*****  OCTOBER 2019 ***** 

Dear Jeff Roberts,

If you're out there, please send me a message or an Email. I will never forget your creation (this enormous support group), the beautiful people within it and who could ever forget you?

Happiness and Peace to you and your Family always.  

(Lisa K from NYC) 

Thank you is never enough, 

Lisa  (Budrick2868) 

• flossy likes this

#5 nsmythe88

nsmythe88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 09:26 AM

I've messaged you about where to find Jeff. If anyone else is interested, Jeff launched a new website at www.ibspatient.org.

It's my understanding that Annie7 banned Jeff from this site after he sold it. I hope that doesn't get me banned!

#6 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12391 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 09:32 AM

no i did not ban Jeff.

jeff sold this site to VerticalScope.  VerticalScope retired Jeff.  if you look at the caption under his avatar, you will see that it says "retired" and not "banned".

and for heaven's sakes, why would i ban you????  that's a pretty nasty thing to say. i don't go around banning people for no reason. 

• The Community Managers likes this

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#7 nsmythe88

nsmythe88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 09:04 AM

No hard feelings, but, I kind of believe Jeff on this since he created this community.

#8 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12391 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 09:08 AM

like i said, look at the caption under his avatar.  it says "retired" not "banned".  he has not been banned.  if he had been, the caption would say "banned."  VerticalScope retired him.  

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#9 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12391 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 03:01 PM

btw--i am done with this conversation since it has gone way off topic.

i wholeheartedly agree with Lisa (Budrick2868) .  many times on here i have thanked Jeff for creating this support group.  and i wish him well with his new ibs board.

#10 nsmythe88

nsmythe88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 October 2019 - 03:50 PM

like i said, look at the caption under his avatar.  it says "retired" not "banned".  he has not been banned.  if he had been, the caption would say "banned."  VerticalScope retired him.  

Sure, whatever you say. Please don't "retire" me too.

#11 The Community Managers

The Community Managers

The Community Managers

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 10:21 AM

Hello, 

We decided to remove Jeff Roberts from IBSgroups after a series of events one of which where he broke terms of his contract when he sold the site to us. 

Annie is a great volunteer admin with an abundance of patience and helpful resources that she can offer, please refrain from hurting one another when we're all here looking to get better. 

If you have any comments or concerns about Jeffrey Roberts, you can send an email to [email protected] 

Lee

• annie7 likes this

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here