Candida, Leaky Gut, Thyroid, Histamine...WHAT!? - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Candida, Leaky Gut, Thyroid, Histamine...WHAT!?

leaky gut candida thyroid histamine prickly itchy depression diarrhea constipation stomach pain

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 annap417

annap417

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:14 PM

Advertisement

Hey all,

I have been struggling for over a year with gut issues, depression, and now strange skin sensations. I've explored leaky gut but now it seems that any supplement I take I have a strange reaction to it (slippery elm made me feel really hot and made my face flush while marshmallow root gave me stomach pains). I'm on a FODMAP elimination diet right now with no grains what so ever. I guess I'm feeling a little better but it seems to have leveled off. I still get cold really easily and hot really easily, prickling on my skin, mostly in my hands, feet and head, as well as some itching. I hate to get too graphic but I've been dealing with a hemorrhoid for 3 weeks now, my feces looks like most of it is still undigested. My BM were really soft and seem to have become a regular 1 or 2 a day, which I'll take, but I've on nortriplyline (a TCA for depression) which causes constipation, which has seemed to harden the BM up. The TCA is also an antihistimine of sorts and when I stopped taking it I found I was becoming flush, hot, prickly and sometimes itchy with just about everything I was eating. I'm really at a loss here and really want to get my life back. Any ideas of how candida, leaky gut, thyroid issues or histamine might come into play here? I'm going to see an integrative doctor soon and I really hope he can help me find some answers...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: leaky gut, candida, thyroid, histamine, prickly, itchy, depression, diarrhea, constipation, stomach pain

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here