Post-infectious IBS - new to this and worried - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Post-infectious IBS - new to this and worried

IBS-PI

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 shazmin

shazmin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:40 AM

Advertisement

I am 22 years old female and never had any issues with my bowel movements or anything else basically. I used to have occasional morning diarrhea maybe twice a month but then it stops and it's as if nothing happened.

On 31st March I went to eat out (a pizza which had some sausages and goat's cheese on) and the day after I was having bad diarrhea. My doctor ordered Siprox since he thought it would be Salmonella and the diarrhea stopped for a bit. Then it started again and lasted for two weeks. I was admitted to hospital, they gave me Siprox and Flagyll, stool tests and blood tests were all perfect. Diarrhea then stopped and I was discharged.

I was fine for two weeks but then I started getting bouts of morning diarrhea and gas everyday. This is now my third week. I went to a gastroenterologist and did some more blood tests which are ok and will be doing more stool tests soon. He prescribed No-Spa for three weeks and Bioflor for 10 days. These last 3 days I was getting more than morning, like around 5 times per day. My period is due in 3 days so don't know if it matters?

Anyone of you had similar issues to mine? How long does IBS-PI last usually?

Any kind of feedback is appreciated. Thank you. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IBS-PI

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here