Paleo chocolate coconut flour cake wheat free - Diet - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Paleo chocolate coconut flour cake wheat free

Paleo Low FODMAP wheat-free Non-gluten Coconut flour recipes low flatulogenic diet

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 tummyrumbles

tummyrumbles

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:58 PM

Advertisement

This is a good recipe for those struggling with a wheat-free diet. It’s quite tasty and filling and the addition of almond meal gives it more of a grainy texture. NB: The coconut flour and almond meal are both very high in fibre however low FODMAP as far as I know. The cake mixture doesn't rise much so I use a small aluminium pudding bowl lined with baking paper as the cake would be too flat in a cake tin.

The quantities are correct. You only need a little.

¼ cup cocoa

¼ cup coconut flour

1 ½   teaspoons bicarbonate of soda

½ teaspoon ground cinnamon

4 eggs

¼ cup honey

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

¼ cup melted butter

¼ cup almond flour / meal (optional)

salt (optional)

Preheat over to 160 degrees. Combine all dry ingredients. Add eggs, honey, vanilla & melted butter. Mix well. Place mixture into small, lined oven-proof pudding bowl. Bake for 40 minutes or until cooked through. (A higher mixture will take longer). 

My Wordpress blog: http://ibsnaturalcure.wordpress.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Paleo, Low FODMAP, wheat-free, Non-gluten, Coconut flour recipes, low flatulogenic diet

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here