Colonscopy at 22 - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Colonscopy at 22

IBS colon colonoscopy

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Libyan Libya

Libyan Libya

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:05 AM

Advertisement

hey, I am 22 years old. it all started when I moved to a new apartment to live by myself. After a month from my move, all of the sudden I start feeling that my bowel movements changing. I went from having a regular bm everyday to alternating bm meaning that some days I go 2 to 3 times with loose stool and sometimes I don't have bm in like 3 days. I start having gas and sometimes bloating. I did not have any pain except when I am bloated. I went to the doctor and I did CBC test, tga test and liver and kidney function tests and everything came fine so my doctor diagnosed me with IBS. after like 4 months my bm became normal, then it went back to the alternating routine.  but then I recently moved again and same symptoms came back so I went to another doctor who scheduled me a colonscopy and ran same test CBC, tga and liver function and they all came back normal. BTW I don't feel fatigued. I did not lose appetite nor I lost any weight. I feel like the only thing that changed in my life was my bm. to be honest I am scared that i have colon cancer because of the symptoms that I have. also I forgot to mention that there is no history of colon cancer or any type of cancer in my family.  my colonscopy is Friday the 18th and I am scared to my guts that they will find something serious in my colon. My doctor keeps telling me that I am too young to think about this and I should not worry about at all. 

#2 jrfernandez

jrfernandez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:00 PM

Hi,

Moving is a very stressful life event. Stress can do crazy things to your body. Three years ago I moved and started getting chest pains. After seeing many doctors one suggested to take Aleve and workout more (relaxing to me). It went away shortly after that.

I just moved again and I started getting symptoms similar to yours. It might also be due to a change of diet because of what's around your new place.

Don't worry about it too much and try to find things that keep your mind busy until your colonoscopy. Like video games, working out, or movies. I'm seeing a GI soon and they might also suggest I do a colonoscopy.

#3 Libyan Libya

Libyan Libya

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 08 July 2014 - 05:52 PM

I understand, but I just cant take my mind off of it especially that I am a foreigner student and my entire family is back home and I only have couple of friends so if something bad comes out of this operation I dont know what to tell my family or how to deal with it

#4 BQ

BQ

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14427 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:49 PM

Well I wouild urge you to stay in today.  'What if-ing' incessantly isn't healthy and will only make you feel worse.  As of right now, nothing sinister is wrong.  And probably nothing sinister will be found.  Worrying will only make you feel worse.  Get yourself distracted away from your gut... get busy doing things and living today. Listen to your Dr and let him be the one to tell you when it is time to worry.  He is the expert after all.  :)

Please remember this is a group of folks seeking support on how to live with and manage IBS. THESE ARE ONLY MY OWN THOUGHTS. IF YOU WANT AN EXPERT OPINION, ASK A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL.

#5 Libyan Libya

Libyan Libya

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:59 PM

Thanks guys for your replies. my colonoscopy is tomorrow and am doing the prep 

Wish me luck and send me prayers guys 

thanks

#6 BQ

BQ

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14427 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:33 PM

I will be thinking of you!  

Please remember this is a group of folks seeking support on how to live with and manage IBS. THESE ARE ONLY MY OWN THOUGHTS. IF YOU WANT AN EXPERT OPINION, ASK A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL.

#7 Libyan Libya

Libyan Libya

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:21 PM

Edited by Libyan Libya, 11 July 2014 - 06:49 PM.

#8 BQ

BQ

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14427 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:40 PM

Hope it went well!

#9 Libyan Libya

Libyan Libya

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:43 PM

Update

All thanks due to god

My colonoscopy came back normal nothing was found so I now know for sure it is IBS and I have to deal with it

it was easy and the prep was not hard at all I dont know why people said terrifying things about it while I found it easy 

Thanks guys

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IBS, colon, colonoscopy

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here