Lingering issues from 2 day prep? - GI-related Diagnostic Tests - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Lingering issues from 2 day prep?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bap2

bap2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:38 PM

Advertisement

I just had my third colonoscopy in 10 years yesterday, however they've moved onto a different type of prep. They still use the PEG solution, but 2 liters the night before and then 2 liters day of (starting 4 hours before your procedure). Again, my prep was excellent, but this is the only time I have had lingering watery/mucousy/bile filled diarrhea after the scope. Usually I go right back to something somewhat solid, but today have been passing gas with the above diarrhea a few times. This was also the latest I've ever had an appointment (4pm) so the prep drinking stopped yesterday at 1pm.

Has anyone done this two day prep and had lingering effects? Has anyone still had the PEG-poops after the scope was done? 

Also, once again they have not found anything of note other than hemorrhoids, so they suggested I get a MREnterography of the small intesting. Has anyone had this done? Has anyone ever had a great looking colon and then they found something in the small intestine?

Thanks.

#2 BQ

BQ

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14427 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:44 PM

Hi I did the regular prep and still had days of D afterwards one time.  It just irritated an already very irritated bowel.  It might take a day or two for things to calm a bit.  I haven't had the MRE of the small intestine.  But I'm sure there are people who have small intestine issues and have IBS.  But sometimes I am also sure there are some folks who have just a small intestine problem w/o IBS too.  And sometimes a colon can "look" great and one can still have IBS.  Depends..  No harm in getting the small intestine checked out though.

Please remember this is a group of folks seeking support on how to live with and manage IBS. THESE ARE ONLY MY OWN THOUGHTS. IF YOU WANT AN EXPERT OPINION, ASK A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here