tried it all? - IBS Constipation (IBS-C) and Chronic Constipation - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

tried it all?

ibs constipation ibs-c ibs-a diet lowfodmap

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 lgonzales8

lgonzales8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:46 AM

Advertisement

sometimes i think if i just dont worry about what i eat and let nature take its course things would seem easier. If i feel bad or have extensive gas then fine..ill let it pass but sometimes its harder than it seems.  Not thinking about it seems so much easier.  Ive done paleo/scd/low fodmap..lasted a whole YEAR before i got off..however i feel the same coming off sadly.  i get constipated..then all of a sudden i dont.  I take magnesium at night and sometimes during the day on serious no go days.  Any one out there try just eating what they want (not over doing it of course) but just kinda letting your body do its thing?  sounds odd but thats all i want to do sometimes. Eat and whatever happens next so be it.

FRUSTRATED sorry :/

gonzo

#2 flossy

flossy

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2131 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:21 PM

I usually am constipated every day now.

Just a note, I think it's best to wait until the last minute to go.

Only once in a while will I have one bowel movement a day and that is it. And that is a rarely.

There are quite a few people here in Ohio with IBS. To me, IBS is like the plague of the 21st century.

It's best not to focus on your IBS after you are done going for the day. It can really get one down. You know?

#3 lgonzales8

lgonzales8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:42 PM

yea my mom tells me the same thing. she tells me when i dont go in the am just go about my day and eat soft foods. oatmeal or some corn based gluten free cereal and go about my day.  i can eat comepletely healthy one day then the next day ill be constipated -_- ibs shoud just be named IDK. lol cause no matter how we alter our diet, mood, emotions, or though process about it..its always gonna be with us.

#4 CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:01 PM

Have you tried checking for SIBO with a hydrogen/methane lactulose breath test or tried rifaximin?

#5 ene

ene

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:07 PM

I've tried just letting my body do its thing, but I felt terrible and totally regretted it.  Everyone is different, but if I don't eat what works for me and give myself time in the morning, there is no hope.

#6 CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:42 AM

I've tried just letting my body do its thing, but I felt terrible and totally regretted it.  Everyone is different, but if I don't eat what works for me and give myself time in the morning, there is no hope.

So have you tried rifaximin too or not? From what I've read it can take years (without cheating on the diet) on a SCD, GAPS, or FODMAP restricting diet in order to achieve any sort of progress, compared to a 50%+ (up to 85-90%) chance of doing the same thing after less than 2 weeks of rifaximin.

#7 exelpet

exelpet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:05 PM

Have you tried checking for SIBO with a hydrogen/methane lactulose breath test or tried rifaximin?

anyone in australia been tested for SIBO ? do  i see a GP ? buy the test on line ? 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ibs constipation, ibs-c, ibs-a, diet, lowfodmap

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here