Zoloft helped IBS? - Welcome! - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Zoloft helped IBS?

zoloft ibs ibs-d managing ibs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LNP4

LNP4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:14 AM

Advertisement

Hello all! I have been a member of this group for a short while, mostly reading others' posts.  I recently visited with a dietitian to see if some dietary changes will help my ibs.  I also suffer with GERD and have been taking prevacid for two years now.  I have a prescription for Zoloft sitting in my medicine cabinet but am nervous to take it.  Has anyone seen significant reduction in your ibs symptoms when taking an SSRI anti-depressant, such as Zoloft?  Any success stories would be great. I know that I need to make some major dietary changes as well and probably stop taking Prevacid, as it can mess up the balance in the gut.  Not sure what to do about the acid reflux then... Any advice/support would be much-appreciated.  Thank you.

#2 BQ

BQ

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14427 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:45 AM

I went to the Prescription Medication for Diarrhea type and searched "zoloft":

I got many hits.

Here is the link for the that forum:

http://www.ibsgroup....on-medications/

Please remember this is a group of folks seeking support on how to live with and manage IBS. THESE ARE ONLY MY OWN THOUGHTS. IF YOU WANT AN EXPERT OPINION, ASK A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL.

#3 mikelle

mikelle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 10:10 AM

I'm also thinking about taking Zoloft, I've read that sertraline is a good choice for IBS-C (if you have IBS-D it could worsen your condition). Generally speaking, it's worth trying to take antideps. for IBS, you might improve on them (even "cure" yourself). If not on sertraline than maybe on something else.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: zoloft, ibs, ibs-d, managing ibs

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here