Black Specs in stool and on paper... Upper Gi Bleed? - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Black Specs in stool and on paper... Upper Gi Bleed?

black stool specs blood

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mr.Wolf

Mr.Wolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:53 AM

Advertisement

Sometimes after I wipe, i gat small seed sized specs. SOme bigger, some smaller all black of dark brown. Using the toilet paper of course I smear them somtimes they crumble other times the smear. Some are hard like sand grains. They are usually black with the rest of the stool a brown to light brown in color. What are these things?

#2 Mr.Wolf

Mr.Wolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:57 AM

I have a blueberry muffin and banana everyday for breakfast. Could i be seeing seeds and or an undegested blueberry part?

#3 KCS30

KCS30

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:24 AM

Hi mr. wolf,

well, I had this also at one point, and I believe that it is undigested food, such as seed, or darker foods, like perhaps blueberries.  I wouldn't worry about it - its when the whole stool is black when you should worry.

Best wishes

#4 Mr.Wolf

Mr.Wolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:28 AM

Thanks for the reply! Yeah i wasnt to worried about it but have a GI disorder its always in the back of your head.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: black, stool, specs, blood

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here