Gas is waking me up too early :( - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Gas is waking me up too early :(

gas ibs sleep rectal itching rectal pain bloating

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 IndianRopeTrick

IndianRopeTrick

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:44 AM

Advertisement

In the past 45 days or so, I have slept for mostly 5-6 hours each day. I often wake up too soon, due to one or all of these problems - Gas, rectal itching, sharp rectal pain. Sometimes, the gas is so bad that I wake up after 4 hours of sleep. I also burp a lot these days. Beans and lentils which seemed not to cause gas problems earlier, are now aggravating it. So, I removed them from my diet. I am not gluten intolerant. I think I can handle milk products in "small" quantities. 

A day or two of less sleep might be okay once in a while. But this is too much. It is affecting my my mood and efficiency at work. I am not as enthusiastic about anything because of the sleep. Could this be a bacterial problem in the small or large intestine ? Can someone please suggest

what could be causing this and how to deal with it ? I will be seeing a doctor as well. But, it would be helpful to learn from other experiences too. 

I really need help to deal with this.

Thanks.

IBS Free after about 8 years ! Now, I am living with a small Hiatal hernia and fixing my sleep problems. Not too bad.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gas, ibs, sleep, rectal itching, rectal pain, bloating

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here