Linzess doesn't work for a week then sudden bloat and diarrhea - IBS Constipation (IBS-C) and Chronic Constipation - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Linzess doesn't work for a week then sudden bloat and diarrhea

Linzess bloating diarrhea constipation cramping

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 flashy

flashy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 06:19 PM

Advertisement

Hello All,

I have been looking everywhere for someone who has a similar situation as me.  I was prescribed linzess 2 months ago after a colonoscopy.  I have taken it consistently everyday.  I have had constipation all my life, to the point where I was impacted multiple times and had to go to the ER to get it out.   I take it everyday and nothing happens except major bloating.  About day 5 my belly is so swollen and all of a sudden I have cramps and extreme diarrhea.  Anyone else have this issue with Linzess.  Seriously, I bloat so bad it looks like I lost 10 lbs after I have a BM.  I take the 145 mg now.  Contemplating going back to Dr.  for more help.  When I get that diarrhea I want to take immodium just so I don't have to cancel plans I make with friends.  Help....  Anyone...

#2 flossy

flossy

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2145 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 12:25 PM

There is another thread about this, perhaps it can help ya:

http://www.ibsgroup....linzess-review/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Linzess, bloating, diarrhea, constipation cramping

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here