Tea - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Tea

tea drinks nausea caffeine

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 yzi2424

yzi2424

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 15 September 2014 - 08:25 AM

Advertisement

N/A

#2 grumpytum

grumpytum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 05:02 PM

How do you take your tea?  Do you have it black or if you have milk or something else in it perhaps that is the culprit?  I personally find tea made with a tea-bag fine but do have a bit of an upset stomach when I drink tea made from leaf tea.  I have issues with reflux as well as IBS though so who knows.  We all have different triggers though so if you are finding black tea irritates you at breakfast time, either confine having it to later in the day or skip it and try a herbal or green or white tea instead.

#3 yzi2424

yzi2424

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:09 PM

N/A

#4 grumpytum

grumpytum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 12:24 AM

Oh ok.  If it's caffeine you are after I guess you could always try one of fizzy drinks or sports drinks that contain it.  However, caffeine is an irritant to some people's digestive systems and it looks like you may fall into that group.  Some people still can't tolerate other components of coffee even when it is decaffeinated but can tolerate tea if it is decaffeinated.

#5 Stunet

Stunet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 06:34 PM

Coffee or black tea always cause a gastrocolic reflex as well as nausea in me. I find green tea is milder.  Think it may be the acidity.

#6 daijoubu

daijoubu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 01:28 PM

On days that I can't really stomach coffee I've found that those Starbucks refreshers they sell in the cooler wake me up pretty nicely and don't upset my stomach too much. Maybe try that?

#7 yzi2424

yzi2424

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:09 AM

N/A

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tea, drinks, nausea, caffeine

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here