Weight loss urgent - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Weight loss urgent

Weight loss

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Mr.Wolf

Mr.Wolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 08:58 PM

Advertisement
I haven't been to the gym in more than a month and I haven't been eating anywhere near as much as I did when I was working out. I was 180lbs in June and now after the not eating a lot and lack of working out I'm now 173. Is this a significant amount of weight loss to cause concern? I went from stuffing my face to gain muscle to eating just enough to avoid my ibs symptoms.

#2 Kathleen M.

Kathleen M.

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34954 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 11:12 PM

Moderate food restriction can cause 1-2 pounds a week weight loss so that seems in line with I'm avoiding food to avoid symptoms.

That much weight loss when you were eating as much or more than ever in that time frame might be worrisome.

My story of beating IBS: My Story with IBS
Ph.D in Biology

#3 Mr.Wolf

Mr.Wolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 11:37 AM

Ive been eating about half of what i was eating before its been about 2 months month and a half since i really ate properly. Plus last week i had an anxiety/stress volcano and barely ate at all. Im back on the horse and im gonna try and get to 180 again in a week or so.

#4 Mr.Wolf

Mr.Wolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 10:17 AM

One more question, sometimes i have a clear/white film not alot but its usualy surounded by bubbles. Is this grease or oil or mucus? Ive never had the giant orange oil slick stools that some people have, im just wondering what it could be.  

#5 BQ

BQ

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14427 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 12:08 PM

Mucus more than likely.

Please remember this is a group of folks seeking support on how to live with and manage IBS. THESE ARE ONLY MY OWN THOUGHTS. IF YOU WANT AN EXPERT OPINION, ASK A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL.

#6 guvisers

guvisers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 03:48 PM

I've used an apettite suppressor with the same action. I wasn't hungry all the and with a little sport I achieved my weight loss goal. gc180xt was the supplement that help

#7 charlesbeall

charlesbeall

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 12:56 AM

I had the exact same problem and it seems that probiotics can help deal with both IBS symptoms and weight loss. This is how probiotics work

#8 Nycgirl516

Nycgirl516

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 03 September 2016 - 07:28 AM

I have lost almost 20lbs since June because of being sick. They think I had a stomach virus or something and it went to post infectious ibs. I don't know if that's correct
I'm a runner and I'm used to running and working out. I feel like my body is falling apart and won't get back to normal :(

#9 Patrick ibs c

Patrick ibs c

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 03 September 2016 - 08:38 AM

i lose 4 to 6 lbs every time i get a colonic

#10 Lucy998

Lucy998

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 11:07 PM

Well you're obviously going to lose a significant amount of weight from eating less over a long period of time. Also, when I stopped exercising I actually lost weight. I think it's because you lose the muscle that you gained from exercising ( muscle weighs more than fat)

#11 smartdean

smartdean

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 28 August 2017 - 10:04 AM

Hi Guys, 

I weigh around 88 Kg!

While i was looking for some effective ways to reduce weight, i get to know about some ayurvedic medications!

Two juices i get to know about that helps in weight loss

Amla Juice
Aloe Vera juice,

So by just in-taking these two juices regularly on daily basis i get to reduce some Kg's or these are not enough ??

The source also talks about Triphala Guggul & herbal tea, will they be effective too for me ??

#12 Barney71

Barney71

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 02:17 PM

Well, all those juices and stuff can just HELP you lose weight, but by itself will not be an crucial indicator to do so. Calories deficit and metabolism ratio is the key to lose weight, it's the base and foundation from which you start losing your weight, then you add activity, cut calories etc and just then, after some significant weight LOST, depending on how overweight you were you may start adding juices, supplements and all the magic pills which are like helpful in 1-5% top in losing weight to lose more of this fat. Hope it helps.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Weight, loss

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here