Probiotics to treat IBS - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Probiotics to treat IBS

probiotics supplements IBS

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Laual

Laual

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 08:23 AM

Advertisement

My friend recently suggested I try probiotic supplements to treat my IBS symptoms.

She recommended this brand which see said had high dosage and lots of different strains.

Before trying yet it out I wanted to get your opinion: has probiotics worked for anybody??

#2 Clara

Clara

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 24 September 2014 - 02:48 PM

Hi Laual,

I've had IBS for a long time now (since my teenage years) and I just registered to this site hoping to get some useful answers. Regarding Probiotics it is the only thing that helps me during an outbreak. I have tried many other medecine for upset stomach, antidirrheal, antispasmodic drugs and nothing really eased my bowel cramps and pain. Unfortunately it does come back between treatments and you have to take a month treatment to be efficient and leave you painfree for a few months. 

I take a brand from Europe but the doctor told me to get one with a maximum of probiotics. Mine contains 4 billions of lactic bacteria per gelcap. I know it sounds a lot considering they are live microorganisms but they are naturally found in our everyday food. So yes I would recommend it. If it does not help you a lot it can't hurt either.

All the best

#3 Z0mbie

Z0mbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 02:17 PM

Hi i started Symprove (not cheap) and definitely noticed an improvement but I'd also started eating only gluten free so dont know if that also helped. I still have bad days :( which is awful. I read that VSL3 is meant to be excellent so hopefully have some tomorrow to start taking that, I'll report back but I only bought 10 days worth. Everything crossed.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: probiotics, supplements, IBS

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here