Dreaming About Sitting On The Toilet... ;S - IBS Constipation (IBS-C) and Chronic Constipation - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Dreaming About Sitting On The Toilet... ;S

dream sleep constipation enema IBS resolor prucalopride funny worried Psychology

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 balancedgrub

balancedgrub

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 02 October 2014 - 10:31 PM

Advertisement

Your Probably thinking, 'What on earth is this post about?' from the title and I have to say a giggled writing it...

The truth is I have a dream at least once a month about having a difficult bowel movement and waking up in the morning thinking did that really happen or not? LOL! 

I'm on Resolor and I now have regular bowel movements but I still have moments of panic that everything will go back to the way it was before.

However last night I dreamt that I took an enema and still couldn't go to the toilet so I took another and still nothing happened and I become so distraught and scared in my dream, I then woke up, thinking 'Really? Did that happen yesterday? Am I really constipated?' Luckily i'm not, but it took about 5 minuets for me to realize I wasn't.

I'm sure many of us here get stressed over our bowel movements and when will we have the next one, but is it just me or does it play on your mind too? I'm sure it can't just be me? Or maybe it is...

tongue.png

#2 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9170 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 05:34 AM

oh yes--for years i've had dreams about being constipated. they always go something like this:

i have to go and i'm in an unfamiliar place like a shopping mall or wherever and i'm looking for a bathroom but all the bathrooms are filthy--water on the floor, toilets plugged up, no toilet seat, no doors on the stalls, everyone looking at me----aaaugh!  wacko.png 

i'm always so thankful when i finally wake up and realize it was all a dream...

no it's not just you   smile.png and it isn't just me either--lol--we've had threads about this in the past...
  • balancedgrub likes this

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#3 Nuffa

Nuffa

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 03 October 2014 - 09:00 AM

i am still in this nightmare. hoping to get out of it asap:)

• balancedgrub likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dream, sleep, constipation, enema, IBS, resolor, prucalopride, funny, worried, Psychology

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here