Cannabis Treats IBS Very Well - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Cannabis Treats IBS Very Well

ibs irritable bowel syndrome alternative medicine cannabis marijuana medical marijuana cure

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 CannabisHelps

CannabisHelps

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 16 October 2014 - 06:38 PM

Advertisement

I am shocked to find that no one is posting about this. I just found out about this myself, but it is WORKING! 

I use Concentrated Cannabis Oil (or Rick Simpson Oil) and it works for me. I am back to considering any job I want. Others who are farther along than me have had even better success. It is not legal in my state, but I don't want to end up like so many people with this unfortunate and terrible disorder. 

Google IBS and Cannabis and go from there, or here are a few links:

http://www.aboutibs.org

http://www.safeacces...sorders_booklet

http://www.420magazi...l-syndrome.html

The science is real. The testimonies are real. The chance for you to feel better is real. If Cannabis is not a legal alternative in your state, do what you want, I have. But start the conversation. This solution is Real. 

Best part, you don't have to get high to get what you need. (Go ahead... Google!!!)

I hope this helps. I know how bad this thing is for people's lives. Consider a healthier, comprehensive therapeutic, and give yourself a chance. 

Peace  

• minimalizer likes this

#2 RoryT

RoryT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 05:10 PM

Interesting. SWIM is going to try this.

#3 PD85

PD85

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 11:22 PM

which brand are you using or are you making your own? this stuff is generally ridiculously expensive, however I know that CBD oil is a strong anti-inflammatory agent.

"I could be wrong about everything." -Me

#4 zeroblue

zeroblue

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:57 AM

i gotta try some :\ but it's criminal here, even if i find what i want it'll be expensive and I havent any idea if it is pure lol

#5 CannabisHelps

CannabisHelps

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:13 AM

which brand are you using or are you making your own? this stuff is generally ridiculously expensive, however I know that CBD oil is a strong anti-inflammatory agent.

Hi PD85,

I am not using a "brand" per se. And I'm not sure I was clear in my original post. You either have to know someone who can make the Concentrated Oil from raw Cannabis or you will need to make your own from raw Cannabis. Either way, you need raw Cannabis.

Therefore, there are no "brands" of Concentrated Oil that I know of, and it's really because the medical marijuana market is just not that advanced yet. You may have heard of Charlotte's Web, and the good folks at Realm of Caring (Stanley Brothers), but I'm not sure of their method of making their oil. But that would be the closest to it. And yes, it would be very high in CBD, which is why they are having such success with epileptic patients. 

CBD, as a cannabinoid, is very useful for inflammation, however, I have not had much success treating my IBS with any CBD specific oil extract that I have been able to find at my local herb shop. When it is extracted and used all by itself (as I think you're talking about), and without the other complimentary cannabinoids working in conjunction, it tends to do less well of a job. IOW, CBD is most beneficial when used in something like Concentrated Oil or edibles or smoking because it is combined with other levels of the the other cannabinoids originally found in the plant. These, when combined - the aggregate effect of these together - this is what both patient experience and science tells us is most beneficial. Therefore, those CBD oil extracts you see sold in states where Cannabis is not legal - they don't seem to work wonders for everybody, but with some people (even me) we have limited success. 

The Concentrated Oil is concentrated with ALL of the cannabinoids that you will need to cure your IBS. THC, CBD, CBG, CBN, etc. They are all there but in a concentrated, power packed form. Therefore, you take only a very small "grain of rice" sized dose three or so times a day and you will get immense benefits.

The first week I took the oil (I dosed it by ingesting it, where it is possible to get high, as opposed to "tacking" which I'll comment on too), I had ZERO major problems. A few rumbles in the morning, I smoked a bit of flower, that took away the cramping, and then dosed the Oil and waited for that to kick in. Did not have a single rumble the rest of the day, and that was the story for a week. Til I ran out of my supply and could not re-up. That's another story, but the point in case is that I was sold after the first week having experienced it myself. 

I hope this helps. Did I answer your question?

#6 CannabisHelps

CannabisHelps

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:15 AM

Interesting. SWIM is going to try this.

I just got to the point where I wasn't going to let this disease/disorder ruin my life. It already started to. I said, "Nope. Not gonna happen." And I took action. I hope it works for your friend. Let us know how it goes, if you would. 

#7 CannabisHelps

CannabisHelps

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:32 AM

i gotta try some :\ but it's criminal here, even if i find what i want it'll be expensive and I havent any idea if it is pure lol

Yep, Zeroblue. It's a total outrage that this stuff is illegal. Get up on some research and see out ludicrous this whole thing is. The best medicine known to man, from the earth (it's a plant!), with little to no side effects, and maximum efficacy. 

And yes, I am currently paying an arm and a leg (plus doing something that is not approved in my state either) to get relief. But that is what I have: RELIEF! 

You can, as a stop-gap measure, buy enough to smoke when you get bad cramping/pain. Smoking some cannabis is the quickest way to solve most problems, but it is not the longest lasting nor most comprehensive therapeutic for IBS. The Concentrated Oil lasts 4+ hours and leaves NO trace of IBS. You will be free to go about your day normal again. It's amazing. 

As to purity, yes, in a black market you have got to watch out for that. But also, see above comments for making your own versus buying it from someone else. Make damn sure you know your source, because Concentrated Oil is made using a solvent, like 99% Isopropyl Alcohol, and if it is not made carefully or by someone who just wants to make a buck not the best medicine, you made end up with traces of it in your meds, and that's not good. It won't kill you, but it's not desirable.

So, my humble suggestion would be to see if smoking some flower (bud, pot, etc.) would help. I bet my bottom dollar it will, but you can get back to us. Then, if that works, consider purchasing a large amount, like an ounce (yep, gotta do it) so that you can make some oil. My first oil batch I only made about 1g of oil out of 23g of flower. That's not a good return ratio. But my second batch will be better for sure (~3-4g) because I won't screw this one up. that said, properly prepared, 3-4g of Oil will last you your first month. Don't know what you pay for an oz around there, but spread out over a month is not bad. You can also use trim if you want to conserve costs greatly. 

Bottom line is this: what IS your bottom line? Health? Returning to work, school, normal life? Less pain? Fewer problems? All of this and more can be achieved through the use of this oil. Check out the links below if you're curious. 

IBS & Cannabis thread I'm involved in over at 420 magazine

Same 420mag but info on Oil preparation

Same 420mag but info on Oil dosing

Peace hope this helps 

• Betty Wilson likes this

#8 minimalizer

minimalizer

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 07:45 PM

I am shocked to find that no one is posting about this. I just found out about this myself, but it is WORKING! 

I use Concentrated Cannabis Oil (or Rick Simpson Oil) and it works for me. I am back to considering any job I want. Others who are farther along than me have had even better success. It is not legal in my state, but I don't want to end up like so many people with this unfortunate and terrible disorder. 

Google IBS and Cannabis and go from there, or here are a few links:

http://www.aboutibs.org

http://www.safeacces...sorders_booklet

http://www.420magazi...l-syndrome.html

The science is real. The testimonies are real. The chance for you to feel better is real. If Cannabis is not a legal alternative in your state, do what you want, I have. But start the conversation. This solution is Real. 

Best part, you don't have to get high to get what you need. (Go ahead... Google!!!)

I hope this helps. I know how bad this thing is for people's lives. Consider a healthier, comprehensive therapeutic, and give yourself a chance. 

Peace  

CBD oil from hemp cannabis is now legal (with no more than .3% of the thc content to comply with the law;See company's lab test for sure.) and has been for a while, not sure how far back. Plenty of brands say they include all the natural balance of the plant's cannabinoids as well as being organic. Mine is 20% CBD.

1/04/18: Pain's my main problem. IBS-D prone, but not with methylcellulose soluble non-gassy caplets still, 2 before anything eaten.  Also, 10C water/day (Have to if taking fiber supplement and soluble foods). Frequent, small and well chewed meals. No more salads, seeds or peel, whole grains, raw vegetables STILL. Have used in the past antispasmotics, low dose tricyclic anti-depressent (for ibs and inflammation)/both VERY drying even at low amounts and disorienting, CBD oil and IBgard's encapsulated peppermint (works better than older type enteric peppermint). Have occasional inflammation in illium at end of small intestine, but it was not crohns. Activated charcoal when needed for flatulence, simethicone only works on upper stomach area for upper gas (burping) right away btw, not flatulence at end of g.i. track. Tried Kratom, good but itchy and didn't prevent a flare up from eating a wrong foods. Raising dosage didn't kick down inflammation. Now back to being certified for (legally available here) medical high CBD Cannabis/Marijuana RSO (thick oil form), more expensive. I needed more anti-inflammitory help from the THC in regular cannabis oil, instead of just CBD oil.

#9 Sparklebug86

Sparklebug86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 08:05 PM

It is now legal (with no more than .3% of the thc content;See company's lab test for sure.) and has been for a while, not sure how far back.

legal where??? and does .3% THC work? 

#10 minimalizer

minimalizer

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 08:08 PM

Hey sparklebug86. To be legal you can't sell it with any more than .3% thc. The main active medicinal value is in the cbd component. Legal in all the U.S. for sure where I'm at.

1/04/18: Pain's my main problem. IBS-D prone, but not with methylcellulose soluble non-gassy caplets still, 2 before anything eaten.  Also, 10C water/day (Have to if taking fiber supplement and soluble foods). Frequent, small and well chewed meals. No more salads, seeds or peel, whole grains, raw vegetables STILL. Have used in the past antispasmotics, low dose tricyclic anti-depressent (for ibs and inflammation)/both VERY drying even at low amounts and disorienting, CBD oil and IBgard's encapsulated peppermint (works better than older type enteric peppermint). Have occasional inflammation in illium at end of small intestine, but it was not crohns. Activated charcoal when needed for flatulence, simethicone only works on upper stomach area for upper gas (burping) right away btw, not flatulence at end of g.i. track. Tried Kratom, good but itchy and didn't prevent a flare up from eating a wrong foods. Raising dosage didn't kick down inflammation. Now back to being certified for (legally available here) medical high CBD Cannabis/Marijuana RSO (thick oil form), more expensive. I needed more anti-inflammitory help from the THC in regular cannabis oil, instead of just CBD oil.

#11 Sparklebug86

Sparklebug86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 08:08 PM

legal where??? and does .3% THC work? 

found it :) http://www.browardpa...ce-2003-6452442

• minimalizer likes this

#12 Dave Smith

Dave Smith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 19 January 2016 - 08:09 PM

legal in california

• minimalizer likes this

#13 minimalizer

minimalizer

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 08:16 PM

I forgot, someone on another website referenced a site in the U.K. where available. As long as doesn't contain over .3% thc psychoactive part. Now, if some feel they need "some more somewhat" of the thc, that would be in marijuana cannabis. ACDC/little more thc, is one such strain at my local dispensary in AZ medically only ok state.

#14 minimalizer

minimalizer

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 08:23 PM

Hemp cbd oil website's are everywhere. Just make sure they show a lab report to be legal with thc < .3%. The cbd oil percent will vary slightly from crop to crop within same company's product.

#15 Leo41

Leo41

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 20 January 2016 - 11:28 AM

Been using Hemp/cannabis oil for about 2 weeks from Regalabs. 

Not sure how I feel about it as of yet. First few days were outstanding... almost felt normal. then about 5 -6 days in starting having "normal" pain and issues, last 3-4 days, now back to almost nothing again.

Jury is still out.

• minimalizer, jaumeb and Leanne_T like this

#16 Deana M125

Deana M125

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 05:10 PM

My guts have been driving me nuts all week, trying to figure out what was causing it.....not sure the cause may be smoking...but i found a very good helper ,,its pot, I dont smoke much pot, but it was instant relief for my guts, they been gurgling. lots of gas and diarrhea for days, as soon as i took a few puffs of pot, the noise pretty well stopped, still not perfect but so much better..pain has eased..i recommend pot...

#17 marleyma

marleyma

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 20 January 2016 - 05:16 PM

I second that :-) I've said it many times on here that it's the ONLY thing that thank god helps my nausea. I'm so grateful for it.
  • minimalizer likes this

#18 Leo41

Leo41

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 21 January 2016 - 09:16 AM

Well yes it does help with nausea, but I can say personally for me there is no relief for cramps, spasms. or gas. Using it orally, whether eaten or cannabis oil ingested is completely different, and the bowel results are direct and noticeable. A completely different thing than inhaled, and tbh much much better results. 

Just to share.. 

I began on the legal cannabis oil about 2 weeks ago (had mentioned this above). From the first day of 3 doses per day I felt numb in the guts generally. Most all pain gone. Honestly nearly normal. Stool bulked up and actually became near normal. I have to take magnesium citrate daily to counteract the constipation that my Levbid causes. Since I started this I have not had to take a single one. I would notice a whole body/mind "chill" that would take hold about 30-40 mins after ingestion. Note this is not a "high" at all, you are not altered. It is a body calm. I began to have a normalish BM once a day in the morning, with little or no cramping after. All else (my tight diet, peppermint tea, etc remained the same). 

After 3 or so days I felt so good I began eating things I should not. Even a piece of pizza (should not have done it). Started to go a bit backwards, and the gas came back. Once the gas was back I had a few bad days. I tightened the diet back, and started to drink a fennel tea each night before bed as the gas was at it's worst in the morning at wake up (time for work). After a day or 2 things evened out. It has now been 2 1/2 days more and I have felt fantastic for those days. Better than in a year since I have started this stuff.

Will it hold? I don't know. I had hesitated to report on this until more time had passed, but important info I think for this thread. Smoking it will not do any of this.

• jaumeb likes this

#19 marleyma

marleyma

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 21 January 2016 - 09:50 AM

Leo - I'm so glad you are currently having success with this. So, are you saying you react the same with ingesting oil vs eating baked good with pot?
I have not tried the oil but have tried baked goods with pot and oh boy was I sick. I have tried it a few times and every time I end up vomiting. Eating it did not help my symptoms in any way shape or form but smoking never fails for me. Do you think I'd feel differently with the oil? Also, how do you take the oil?

#20 Leo41

Leo41

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 21 January 2016 - 11:06 AM

Leo - I'm so glad you are currently having success with this. So, are you saying you react the same with ingesting oil vs eating baked good with pot?
I have not tried the oil but have tried baked goods with pot and oh boy was I sick. I have tried it a few times and every time I end up vomiting. Eating it did not help my symptoms in any way shape or form but smoking never fails for me. Do you think I'd feel differently with the oil? Also, how do you take the oil?

Good question. 

No, real "edibles" do have an effect, and helped me. There was a point I was doing this 2x day. I noticed a benefit. I did feel better overall, BM's became more solid. However, issues would still punch through. I would still have 2-4 day runs where I was almost back to normal problems. It did give an improvement, but only some. Maybe 40% if I had to throw a number. This was tried for well over a month. I did feel like some healing went on.

I stopped that when I found the oil. Actually I had been sick with broncitis right as I found the oil, and did nothing for a week or so. Then began 3 drops of oil under the tongue 3 times a day like clockwork. That is what I described above. It is also fair to say they did put my on a Z-pak (Zithromax) antibiotics, and prednisone for 5 days which I was not happy about. Did those antibiotics finished 3 days before beginning the oil have anything to do with it? Dunno.

Please describe what you mean by sick off edibles? I had none of that. The only issue, and I mean only was I seemed to have a touch more indigestion/pressure about 1-2 hrs after an edible, but only good effects otherwise. What causes the vomiting? Was it a high effect? or nausea? That is strange.

Not really sure how the oil would effect you as what you describe is strange to me. I have heard of some people eating too much, or it being too strong and freaking out off edibles, throwing up, etc but that was always due to the THC and how is was absorbed. Usually, honestly, they just get too high.

The oil does not make you high, nor does it have any real measurable THC. It is basically hemp derived CBD's which reacts to your body's cannaboid receptors throughout your body (with a good portion in the gut). This is in an olive oil base as a carrier. Tastes a bit nutty, with a hint of grass. 3 drops under your tongue is a dose, use 3x per day.

Besides a moderate "chill" after I notice nothing, except for improvement of IBS symptoms. The chill does bring with it a slight confidence (makes it easier to get through the day). Cleaner, and more focused, but still chill compared to something like Klonapin. To me this would work as anti-anxiety med. 

Few times it would maybe 5-6 hrs since last dose. Things start to hurt at work, just starting (from nothing but numbness). Do my 3 drops, get in the car to go to lunch. With this, as you likely know when it's pain you notice every minute that goes slowly by. Anyway.. feel pain, then notice I am not hurting, and I feel numbish in the belly, and relaxed. Look down at the clock and exactly 35 mins have gone by. Say.. wow, again 35 mins exactly, sweet. 

Also since the oil I have not seen any real noticable mucus. Which means a lot to me, as you don't have mucus unless you are inflamed internally in my opinion. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ibs, irritable bowel syndrome, alternative medicine, cannabis, marijuana, medical marijuana, cure

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here