Cannabis Treats IBS Very Well - Page 2 - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Cannabis Treats IBS Very Well

ibs irritable bowel syndrome alternative medicine cannabis marijuana medical marijuana cure

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 marleyma

marleyma

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 21 January 2016 - 11:12 AM

Ah, I see. I don't know what it was that made me sick - I would get very nauseous to the point of vomiting. It seemed to take out the whole nausea healing effect for me. The "body high" was pretty intense.. possibly I ate too much? Either way, drops seem pretty legit. Alot easier than smoking that's for sure with the whole illegal aspect of it in herb form. I will have to give this a try. Keep us updated!

#22 Leo41

Leo41

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 21 January 2016 - 11:52 AM

Ah, I see. I don't know what it was that made me sick - I would get very nauseous to the point of vomiting. It seemed to take out the whole nausea healing effect for me. The "body high" was pretty intense.. possibly I ate too much? Either way, drops seem pretty legit. Alot easier than smoking that's for sure with the whole illegal aspect of it in herb form. I will have to give this a try. Keep us updated!

I went and ran all this past my resident expert, and the feeling is yes, you had too much. From what I hear symptoms would be .. rapid heartbeat, a feeling of things closing in/crushing you, eyes or behind eyes vibrating, vomiting. 

Either way, given that I would try the oil. It has none of this, and no THC to cause any of that. I will keep things updated. I really am curious how this goes over the next few weeks/month. 

#23 minimalizer

minimalizer

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 03:29 PM

Been using Hemp/cannabis oil for about 2 weeks from Regalabs. 

Not sure how I feel about it as of yet. First few days were outstanding... almost felt normal. then about 5 -6 days in starting having "normal" pain and issues, last 3-4 days, now back to almost nothing again.

Jury is still out.

I've upped my mg by a couple more drops and each time I have, the strength of spasms lessens to now not feeling anything except maybe in the vulnerable morning bowel movement time, but not much! Still following the Eating for IBS diet, but I don't do onions, beans or oatmeal. I eat frequent small well chewed meals too, drink 10C water/day and take methylcellulose fiber, (that doesn't cause gas) before everything I eat. Still taking probios.

1/04/18: Pain's my main problem. IBS-D prone, but not with methylcellulose soluble non-gassy caplets still, 2 before anything eaten.  Also, 10C water/day (Have to if taking fiber supplement and soluble foods). Frequent, small and well chewed meals. No more salads, seeds or peel, whole grains, raw vegetables STILL. Have used in the past antispasmotics, low dose tricyclic anti-depressent (for ibs and inflammation)/both VERY drying even at low amounts and disorienting, CBD oil and IBgard's encapsulated peppermint (works better than older type enteric peppermint). Have occasional inflammation in illium at end of small intestine, but it was not crohns. Activated charcoal when needed for flatulence, simethicone only works on upper stomach area for upper gas (burping) right away btw, not flatulence at end of g.i. track. Tried Kratom, good but itchy and didn't prevent a flare up from eating a wrong foods. Raising dosage didn't kick down inflammation. Now back to being certified for (legally available here) medical high CBD Cannabis/Marijuana RSO (thick oil form), more expensive. I needed more anti-inflammitory help from the THC in regular cannabis oil, instead of just CBD oil.

#24 minimalizer

minimalizer

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 03:42 PM

i gotta try some :\ but it's criminal here, even if i find what i want it'll be expensive and I havent any idea if it is pure lol

https://healthyhempo...abidiol-canada/ HEMP cbd oil is legal;CHECK THE LAB REPORT that should always be made available on manufacturer's websites! Legal/available here in U.S. as long as the lab report says < .3% thc.

20mg/2X day for me at 136 lbs. is just over $100/month;That's not much to enable one to work. With luck you'll go legal with medical marijuana and be able to just vape a low thc strain like acdc through an e-cigarette like I will be trying out soon.

1/04/18: Pain's my main problem. IBS-D prone, but not with methylcellulose soluble non-gassy caplets still, 2 before anything eaten.  Also, 10C water/day (Have to if taking fiber supplement and soluble foods). Frequent, small and well chewed meals. No more salads, seeds or peel, whole grains, raw vegetables STILL. Have used in the past antispasmotics, low dose tricyclic anti-depressent (for ibs and inflammation)/both VERY drying even at low amounts and disorienting, CBD oil and IBgard's encapsulated peppermint (works better than older type enteric peppermint). Have occasional inflammation in illium at end of small intestine, but it was not crohns. Activated charcoal when needed for flatulence, simethicone only works on upper stomach area for upper gas (burping) right away btw, not flatulence at end of g.i. track. Tried Kratom, good but itchy and didn't prevent a flare up from eating a wrong foods. Raising dosage didn't kick down inflammation. Now back to being certified for (legally available here) medical high CBD Cannabis/Marijuana RSO (thick oil form), more expensive. I needed more anti-inflammitory help from the THC in regular cannabis oil, instead of just CBD oil.

#25 minimalizer

minimalizer

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 04:07 PM

My guts have been driving me nuts all week, trying to figure out what was causing it.....not sure the cause may be smoking...but i found a very good helper ,,its pot, I dont smoke much pot, but it was instant relief for my guts, they been gurgling. lots of gas and diarrhea for days, as soon as i took a few puffs of pot, the noise pretty well stopped, still not perfect but so much better..pain has eased..i recommend pot...

Or hemp cbd oil if pot is illegal where people live. We have legal medical use marijuana where we are at, although I could also vape my hemp cbd oil for an instant relief situation while still under the tongue for everyday profilactic use that is long lasting me about 6 hrs. so 10mg/2x day (20mg total/day). After you try a less concentrated bottle you can (for instance) go from that 100 mg concentrate bottle to a 500 or higher concentrate re-figuring drops amounts and save money.

#26 minimalizer

minimalizer

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 11:34 PM

Bringing this subject to the forefront because people need to read all of this above.

#27 marleyma

marleyma

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 02 February 2016 - 05:14 AM

Hi. I am just confused what site to use to get legit oil. Is there one company that is most popular ? I am in a state where pot is not legal if that makes any difference.

#28 Leo41

Leo41

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 02 February 2016 - 09:39 AM

Hi. I am just confused what site to use to get legit oil. Is there one company that is most popular ? I am in a state where pot is not legal if that makes any difference.

CBD/Hemp oil that I am using is completely legal in all the states, and is not what one considers medicinal marijuana. It is made from hemp, and has a very very low THC content, but does have the CBD's that help you. 

When Minimalizer talks about a dispensary he is talking about medicinal, and he lives in a legal state for that. IMO medicinal grade would be much better, but we use what we can, and my results from the CBD oil has been great so far.

I buy my CBD oil from my healthfood store. If anyone wants the exact one I use, I will give you their info, I'm sure they would ship. Otherwise if I was looking to buy the completely legal stuff online I would probably start here...  http://cannabisoilfo...y-cannabis-oil/

#29 funnigurl13

funnigurl13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 02 February 2016 - 11:48 AM

Using Leo41's link, I ordered a bottle of CBD Hemp Oil off Bluebird Botanicals. Looked legit. I'll let you know how it all goes!

• minimalizer likes this

#30 marleyma

marleyma

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 02 February 2016 - 01:29 PM

Thanks guys! Yes let me know how it goes!
  • minimalizer likes this

#31 JIF1776

JIF1776

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 16 February 2016 - 05:39 PM

Hi-new to this group, sadly.  Feel like my symptoms have been getting much worse the last 6 months or so.  I read your discussion and couple days ago, I got the Rick Simpson oil and it is a brown, thick molasses type substance--in other words, it doesn't seem like "oil".  Should I get something that is a more traditional oil? or are you guys using this type of thick substance?  And if it is the thick substance, I'm not quite sure what 3 "drops" mean... 

It seemed to really help the first day, not as sure today--trying to figure out the dosing.

#32 Leo41

Leo41

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 18 February 2016 - 08:59 AM

http://www.theweedbl...inal-disorders/

#33 minimalizer

minimalizer

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 09:41 PM

Using Leo41's link, I ordered a bottle of CBD Hemp Oil off Bluebird Botanicals. Looked legit. I'll let you know how it all goes!

So, did you get it and might have had proper time to tell us your experience and dosage you settled on maybe..maybe? Please oh please. Want to know which version of Bluebird's CBD products too you're tryin .

#34 minimalizer

minimalizer

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 10:25 PM

Hi-new to this group, sadly.  Feel like my symptoms have been getting much worse the last 6 months or so.  I read your discussion and couple days ago, I got the Rick Simpson oil and it is a brown, thick molasses type substance--in other words, it doesn't seem like "oil".  Should I get something that is a more traditional oil? or are you guys using this type of thick substance?  And if it is the thick substance, I'm not quite sure what 3 "drops" mean... 

It seemed to really help the first day, not as sure today--trying to figure out the dosing.

You get high thc in that compared to hemp derived cbd oil, which is legal already in u.s. for sure with >.3% thc;That is the difference tween the two situations. Definately going to be thick dark substance not like in the hemp cbd extract in a glycerine or oil based product. What you have is really concentrated and high in thc. I like the hemp cbd with VERY little thc,in case of job or doctor ordered surprise blood testing. But yes should get effect with it from articles I've read, but used more for cancer. Usually mostly CBD is used for seizure spasms with epilepsy, or ibs spasms. THC is for more pain help along with the cbd help for our spasms. Call the manufacturer or look on their website dosing info for the 3 drops and find out how many mg/drop..start out at least at 20mg/day (10mg 2X/Day) of CBD for ibs and increase mg as needed.

Edited by minimalizer, 29 February 2016 - 08:37 PM.

#35 minimalizer

minimalizer

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 10:43 PM

I am shocked to find that no one is posting about this. I just found out about this myself, but it is WORKING! 

I use Concentrated Cannabis Oil (or Rick Simpson Oil) and it works for me. I am back to considering any job I want. Others who are farther along than me have had even better success. It is not legal in my state, but I don't want to end up like so many people with this unfortunate and terrible disorder. 

Google IBS and Cannabis and go from there, or here are a few links:

http://www.aboutibs.org

http://www.safeacces...sorders_booklet

http://www.420magazi...l-syndrome.html

The science is real. The testimonies are real. The chance for you to feel better is real. If Cannabis is not a legal alternative in your state, do what you want, I have. But start the conversation. This solution is Real. 

Best part, you don't have to get high to get what you need. (Go ahead... Google!!!)

I hope this helps. I know how bad this thing is for people's lives. Consider a healthier, comprehensive therapeutic, and give yourself a chance. 

Peace  

The 1:1 ratio of Rick Simpson oil at my dispensary is 40%THC to 40% CBD, where the CBD can cancel out some of the high THC side effect I've read.

Edited by minimalizer, 29 February 2016 - 08:38 PM.

#36 gshawk54

gshawk54

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:07 AM

Just ordered my oil,as I set here doing my morning thing. But I do too smoke also, doing so for 40 years, that's helps for quick relief . But as I pass in to my 60's IBS has got more intense and painful. Sat. night my wife wanting me go to the ER, but what?, to give me a anti spasmodic , nope, toked it up and rolled in pain until the pain pill kicked in. Will keep everyone posted. Thanks for being here
  • Leo41 and minimalizer like this
Just sittin and a shitin

#37 weakstomach23

weakstomach23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 03:14 PM

Hey Leo41. Wondering if you could give an update on how the oil has been working for you? Also what brand and form are you using? Thanks!
  • minimalizer likes this

#38 minimalizer

minimalizer

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 08:50 PM

Well, I've be doing similar as Leo41. I'm using bluebird botanicals "silver" hemp cbd extract 500mg bottle in a hemp oil base. I use 30mg/day (10mg 3X/day). They have big ole bottles that are like buying in bulk I'm considering, to save money. If I want instant relief I could use their glycerine based product under the tongue, which has increase of another cannabinoid in that formula though, which should be o.k. for our use. They carry quality products and do plenty of 3rd party lab reports, and compensate the cbd levels changing between crops, like standardizing cbd %. Doing very well. I built up to where I'm at in about 3 wks. Don't want to use more than I need.

• weakstomach23 likes this

#39 minimalizer

minimalizer

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 08:55 PM

Just ordered my oil,as I set here doing my morning thing. But I do too smoke also, doing so for 40 years, that's helps for quick relief . But as I pass in to my 60's IBS has got more intense and painful. Sat. night my wife wanting me go to the ER, but what?, to give me a anti spasmodic , nope, toked it up and rolled in pain until the pain pill kicked in. Will keep everyone posted. Thanks

Awaiting your update.

#40 gshawk54

gshawk54

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 07:28 AM

Started Friday 2x per day, so far spasms are now pain free, going to the bowl has been cut in half. The oil I get is from Charlotte's Web. Ordered last Monday and arrived Friday. Live in Texas. Oh and due to lack of pain been cutting back on the pot. Check back in another week. Hope that helps.
Thanks for being here
Just sittin and a shitin

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ibs, irritable bowel syndrome, alternative medicine, cannabis, marijuana, medical marijuana, cure

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here