Cannabis Treats IBS Very Well - Page 3 - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Cannabis Treats IBS Very Well

ibs irritable bowel syndrome alternative medicine cannabis marijuana medical marijuana cure

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 Leo41

Leo41

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 02 March 2016 - 09:50 AM

Hey Leo41. Wondering if you could give an update on how the oil has been working for you? Also what brand and form are you using? Thanks!

Hey there. I am still using the oil as before. The brand is REGALABS, but I have only found it at my local health food store. I have no results or tests on it, really had gotten it as more of an experiment. Though given the outstanding results I'm not too worried about those.

I had a couple rough-ish days a week ago, but admittedly I had opened my diet up some. These days though were nothing compared to bad ones a year ago. Seemed to stabilize after 2 or so days. My concern was that like everything else I had tried (but my peppermint tea) that the oil would lose effectiveness over time, and I was worried it was. Don't think that is the case at present. I keep saying jury is still out.. give it more time, but I have gone through half a bottle nearly now over 3 months. Yeah I am curious to see how more time plays out, but I have to say this stuff works. No question I have notice more, much more than any single thing I have tried or added to my regimen. If I could use nothing else I would use this.

Overall my BM's are far better than before the CBD oil, usually 1 time early morning, and perhaps 1 time during the day (or not). The spasms aren't there. Maybe an occasional pinch or light pain, but that is all, and most of the time I feel fine in the colon. Mornings are still never smooth (or rarely), but the pain I get after my morning BM settles after about an hour lying back in bed with a heating pad on my lower stomach/left side. Upon waking (before all the above) I take my levbid on an empty stomach, and 4 drops of oil. Doing it this way I have some pain climbing back in bed. Heating pad warms up, and I get a sort of chill (shivers, not calm) for a minute after a few minutes as the tummy warms up. I fall back asleep usually. 45 mins-hr later I get up and hit the shower. Usually from here I am fine. Now... before the oil I would continue to hurt upon rising, and driving into work. Only when I could get some warm peppermint tea after arriving at work would this begin to subside. Drinking some while driving in never seemed to help. 

Stool is formed better than in a year for the most part. The mucus is very little now comparatively. I still sometimes have it where the first BM is formed, then wave 2 in 2-5 mins looser, then wave 3 it's bits or worse. Though other days I will have a full, complete, amazingly normal BM and nothing more. Only over those few day of issues did I notice the stool thinning and flattening, also mucus was back with a vengence. No question my colon inflames when things go awry, and that swelling and partial cramping results in mucus, thinning, repeated BMs, looseness. We all know it, but neat to see the results and confirmation in your own body/laboratory. 

Another important factor, and one I did not mention. Back 1-2 months ago I caught something that went into bronchitis. They put me light antibiotics and prednisone I was concerned, but did it, and came through fine.

Saturday I came down with the flu. The doc yesterday gave me an antibiotic shot, and steroid shot. Sent me home with predinose again, and this time Augmentin 500/125 something else mixed in. It's heavy in my chest now, and really not sure what to do. I need to not go into pneumonia, but I am worried about what these are going to do to me. I cannot tell you how much I do not want to have done 2 courses of antibiotics within 2 months with IBS. Especially when I honestly feel it was repeated antibiotic courses, and a severe bout of food poisoning that got me here. My only hope is with my diet so good, literally starving any bad bacteria, and have been... that if I have a mass clearing the bad won't repopulate as much as in years past.

I am open to any ideas here. I am not currently or recently on any probiotics as they just didn't seem to do a lot but constipate me, but I was way worse then. I will likely go with real Align (not generic) this time. Not sure if maybe I should go on that during this.

I still also have the Frankin Formula to try (for Frank here on the forum). I had meant to do this months ago, but with the sicknesses (and antibiotics) have not started them yet.

#42 jaumeb

jaumeb

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1607 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 01:25 PM

Some probiotics such as boulardii would prevent fungal and c. diff. overgrowth while on antibiotics. If probiotics worsen your symptoms then I don't know what to recommend.

Good to read that CBD is still helping after three months.

#43 Leanne_T

Leanne_T

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 06:33 AM

Still illegal here, I do have a history of indulging before my problems were diagnosed. Must admit it does make me go for a BM (that's got to be good) and may well have been reducing my bloating etc. But here's the thing. I like the way it makes me feel to some extent. But - if I have a big work thing on or deadline, it can make me feel like I will fail. Classic paranoia. I start to panic - so that's surely not good for the anxiety side of things. Went to bed one night sure I couldn't pull off an event I had to organise (it was the beginning of this week and it went brilliantly). The fear is unfounded. Plus, it makes me fall asleep on the sofa and wake with a sore neck. Finally, I worry about the carcinogens. Have tried a vapourizer, but still get smoke even though you're not meant to! Does the oil give you any kind of kick or not? 

#44 gshawk54

gshawk54

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 07:58 AM

No kick on oil, been on my oil for about a week and the results are great, no more pain and down to about 4 bm's a day. I can live with that.
  • Leo41 and Leanne_T like this
Just sittin and a shitin

#45 Leo41

Leo41

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 04 March 2016 - 09:12 AM

Still illegal here, I do have a history of indulging before my problems were diagnosed. Must admit it does make me go for a BM (that's got to be good) and may well have been reducing my bloating etc. But here's the thing. I like the way it makes me feel to some extent. But - if I have a big work thing on or deadline, it can make me feel like I will fail. Classic paranoia. I start to panic - so that's surely not good for the anxiety side of things. Went to bed one night sure I couldn't pull off an event I had to organise (it was the beginning of this week and it went brilliantly). The fear is unfounded. Plus, it makes me fall asleep on the sofa and wake with a sore neck. Finally, I worry about the carcinogens. Have tried a vapourizer, but still get smoke even though you're not meant to! Does the oil give you any kind of kick or not? 

Leanne,

Giving you my opinion/experiences..  Smoking it will get you high, it will calm your stomach usually, it can make you a bit paranoid because of the THC.

Taking marijuana orally has a much different effect. It is much more "body" than "mind". A feeling of wholeness usually, and depending on THC content you can also get very high. 

Ingesting CBD hemp oil gives no high, or anything else mental, except for a slight calmness, and confidence. It is pure for the body. You only notice a feeling of wholeness/wellness in your guts, and a loss of symptoms.

#46 gshawk54

gshawk54

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 08:35 AM

Leo41, you mentioned that you only take drops of oil. I take a hole dropper full twice a day. And the results are short of a blessing. Mornings are my worst time also. Wake 1.5 hours before I leave to take care of biz. still have spasms but without pain. After I leave for work am good for the rest of the day until I get home, then one more good one. But like I said, dropper in the morn when I get up and one when I get home from work. Going to order the big bottle ,it should last about 90 days. And dig this, last night I ate a salad, baked potato, and fish. And to top it off with a beer and one glass of wine. Oh did I mention , Chocolate cake. Got up this morning feeling great! Up your oil, and see how it works for you.

Thanks for being here
Just sittin and a shitin

#47 Leo41

Leo41

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 07 March 2016 - 08:37 AM

Leo41, you mentioned that you only take drops of oil. I take a hole dropper full twice a day. And the results are short of a blessing. Mornings are my worst time also. Wake 1.5 hours before I leave to take care of biz. still have spasms but without pain. After I leave for work am good for the rest of the day until I get home, then one more good one. But like I said, dropper in the morn when I get up and one when I get home from work. Going to order the big bottle ,it should last about 90 days. And dig this, last night I ate a salad, baked potato, and fish. And to top it off with a beer and one glass of wine. Oh did I mention , Chocolate cake. Got up this morning feeling great! Up your oil, and see how it works for you.

Thanks for being here

Man this is soo good to hear. Pretty incredible isn't it? 

Yeah, those mornings sound like mine. I usually wake up automatically roughly 1 - 11/2 hrs before I have to leave to begin my morning 2-4 BM, early light pain. For the most part now good the rest of the day as well. With my peppermint to tune that up as needed. I also have expanded the diet, though not to your extent lol. 

I may try that yes, actually have kinda upped to 5 drops usually. Are you using the Bluebird oil? How does yours tell you to dose it? Mine shows 10mg CBDs per 3 drops. 

Please let me know which kind it is and where you bought it from. I think I am going to order a bottle of what you have. I want to try another kind. 

Thanks,

#48 IBSisHorrid

IBSisHorrid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 28 April 2017 - 03:18 AM

the only thing that i know for sure works on IBS-D is Oxycodone.

#49 marco222

marco222

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 22 June 2017 - 03:30 PM

The properties of cannabis are amazing, I consume it and the number of symptoms I feel is lower. I have spent many years without finding a solution but thanks to a friend I usually use it, always doing the respective tests and following the directions of the doctor.
But reading articles like this we can recognize why this plant is so beneficial

#50 Thavey

Thavey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 04:20 AM

Hello dear friends, as i know cannabis will help you in everythink including IBS, its kinda make your felling better!

and by the way about this: *the only thing that i know for sure works on IBS-D is Oxycodone.* i do agree.

#51 ThomasHoward

ThomasHoward

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 March 2021 - 07:10 AM

I was caught using cocaine as a dope in competitions and sent to a hospital. What's wrong with that?

#52 ZoeTirs

ZoeTirs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 March 2021 - 03:05 PM

As far as I know, cannabis can cure many diseases and solve different health issues, but you should be careful and consult your doctor first to find out its correct dosage and avoid side effects. In fact, any medication can cause a lot of side effects if there is an overdose, so this is not surprising. I've recently read a few scientific articles about the beneficial properties of cannabis and decided to use products containing cannabis as a cure for migraines and anxiety. Last month I ordered weed gummies on weedsmart.net and you know, it works. I am glad that I've found an effective method to get rid of migraines. If you use such products as medicine, please share your experience.

#53 Positiveside

Positiveside

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 03:24 AM

The use of marijuana as a viable treatment for IBS has not yet been supported by research. The uses of prescription forms of medical marijuana have neither been shown to have clear benefits for IBS nor have they been approved by the FDA for use as a treatment for IBS.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ibs, irritable bowel syndrome, alternative medicine, cannabis, marijuana, medical marijuana, cure

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here