My family told me it was nerves - Your Story - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

- - - - -

My family told me it was nerves

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_anonymous_*

Guest_anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2001 - 01:36 AM

Advertisement
Hey all. I used to read the post in this group every day when I was notfeeling well. I have returned to see if I can help some of you the way I washelped in my time of need.It all started when I was around 17 yr. old. I started having a sick stomachone or twice a week. My family told me it was nerves and I tried to go on.After dealing with it for about a year I went to a doctor. I was diagnosedwith IBS ( irritable bowel syndrome ) and test begun. I had doctors lookingin me through both ends. They never found what was causing it. I was nervesto go out if a did not know where a bathroom was. Long drives, walks in thepark, dating all were so stressful.When I was about 27 yr. old I started to feel nerves all the time. I wasstill dealing with the IBS ( by this time I was sick every day ) I did notwant to be around people because I would feel like I was trapped in a box.If I went to a store I would not get in a line with more then a few people.If the line did not move quickly I would leave. I was now having panicattacks. I went to another doctor this time for the panic attacks. We triedfour different medicines until we tried paxil ( An anti depressant ). Afterabout a month I was not having panic attacks any more. My IBS was gone too.I stayed on paxil for about 1 1/2 years. I was feeling good but I was havingside affects. My sex drive was very week. When I did have sex ( my poor exwife ) It would last for hours and I still would not finish. I was also carefree to the point I just did not give a #### about anything. I was also verylazy.I did a lot of talking and reading to find another medicine. I called mydoctor and asked him what he would think of trying celexa. He told me it wasa good drug and we did the swap. Long story made short. I have been oncelexa now for two months and feel great. IBS, gone! anxiety-panic, gone!paxil side effects, gone! I feel great. My worst day is still ten timesbetter then my best day when I was going though all that ####.It took me 13 years to find the cure. I went through allot of #### to getwere I am today. I hope by posting this I will help someone beat what everit is that is keeping them down.Somedude[This message has been edited by anonymous (edited 07-20-2001).]

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here