My IBS story (suggestions appreciated) - Your Story - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo
- - - - -

My IBS story (suggestions appreciated)

IBS L-glutamine Yelllow abdominal pain diarrhea discomfort fatigue no energy

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 IBSnotIBS

IBSnotIBS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 04:25 PM

Advertisement

Alright where to start where to start...

I am a 21 year old male who has been suffering from "IBS" since around age 12/13. Before that I was diagnosed with lactose intolerance around age 6. 

Last year, I ended up having something attack me, that I still dont know the cause of. All I have is a 7,000 hospital bill I am paying off. I had been suffering from nausea, throwing up, abdominal pain, and bright yellow diarrhea. In the hospital I actually had green diarrhea (around the time they made me drink the liquid for the CAT scan). Before I they sent me to the hospital, I had a little blood in my urine and was checked for kidney stones. One thing I found stupid was the nurse practitioner telling me its probably not my gallbladder because I am not fat. 

From there, they found nothing and I started feeling slightly better (less pain/no vomit) just GI issues. So I went to see my doctor, he prescribed me some low dose anxiety meds. Didn't work for me at all, just backed my poops up. That was around November 2013. 

Frustrated, I thought I'd take it upon myself to try different things. I tried probiotics with prebiotics, didnt really help and actually made D worse. Tried Kiefer and yogurt, didnt help because I think I still am lactose intolerant. Changed my diet, stopped eating too much dairy, tried gluten free (dont see much difference/been checked for celiac).This wasnt helping as I was having consistent primarily yellow D and loose stool. 

Something started to help and that was L-Glutamine. I have been taking this since spring time. Actually stopped and D became more frequent and urgent again. Started taking it again 5-7 grams in the morning and at night. Still having D but seeing improved stool sometimes. I can feel when I really have to go and I really have to go in those situations. 

I know I am all over the place, it has been driving me crazy lately. Going to see same GP next week as I am moving away soon and need to find a balance. 

Main symptoms as of today:

-Feeling full even though I am hungry (I make food, take a few bites, and then struggle to finish)

-lower back pain (started around hospital/kidney stone incident)

-Diarrhea/loose stool, yellow predominant sometimes I see small bubble (especially after drinking alcohol which I rarely do) 

-fatigue, tiredness after not doing much

-some abdominal pain (right where the ribs split, feel it worse while exercising)

-general soreness (most of the time this happens with D)

-flakey scalp (doctor said its dry scalp from hot showers)

-first meal of the day sometimes causes D

Again I am going to see the doc next week, I just want to get input from some other people.

I made this post a little quick so I understand if you will have question and please ignore grammar mistakes.

Please, if anyone had advice or suggestions I would be very grateful.

I will be back on later tonite after work!

#2 christinewilkinson

christinewilkinson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 05 November 2014 - 04:44 PM

Eh... This sounds like my life. I am going through heck trying to find a physical that is actually taking ibs seriously. I honestly feel that there is an underlying problem other then ibs. For example: People normally do not have lots of abdominal pain and diarrhea. My doctor says.... "Its severe ibs" I really think that there is something wrong. Sorry for the rant.... I hope everything turns out well!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IBS, L-glutamine, Yelllow, abdominal pain, diarrhea, discomfort, fatigue, no energy

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here