My PI IBS is improving - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

My PI IBS is improving

IBS post infectious treatment

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 aldelaney

aldelaney

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 06:01 PM

Advertisement

I’ve had moderate-to-mild PI IBS for about 18 months now, after getting sick on a cruise, and things are finally starting to improve for me. While I can’t say for sure why, one possibility is a plant-based tonic I’ve been taking twice a day for the past four months. I ordinarily wouldn’t have tried something like this but my wife was an old classmate of one of the founders of the company that makes this stuff (called NatriQuell) and he thought it would help. Before taking it, I went through the treatment that my GI ordered, which was basically an antibiotic drug and probiotics. If anything, the antibiotic seemed to make things worse.  Since I wasn’t getting better and my wife’s friend graciously sent me a few bottles of NatriQuell, I thought I’d give it a shot.

Apparently NatriQuell takes several months to have an effect and the change is gradual. A month ago I had a mild recurrence of my old symptoms (diarrhea and bloating) but it lasted only a few days. Overall, I’m feeling much better. My poop is still not as well formed as it was before I got sick, but it’s solid now, I go only once a day, and I no longer have cramps and bloating. I’m still taking the probiotics and Vitamin D as well so I’m by no means a scientific study on NatriQuell. However, I thought I would share this with others in case it can be of some help.

#2 kaydee82

kaydee82

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 07:10 AM

Can you tell us more about what's in this product? Also, what is PI IBS? Glad it has helped you!

#3 aldelaney

aldelaney

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 10:51 AM

I'm not exactly sure what's in it. It says there is a propriety blend of phytobiologic life drops (whatever that is) and extracts from pomegranates and green tea, along with some preservative. You can check the NatriQuell web site (www.natriquell.com) for more information.

PI = Post infectious. My IBS started after getting food poisoning on a ship.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IBS, post infectious, treatment

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here