psychology and ibsc - IBS Constipation (IBS-C) and Chronic Constipation - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

psychology and ibsc

psychology anxious constipation nervous stress psychiatry psychologist

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 tugweltp

tugweltp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 02:58 PM

Advertisement

Hey Gals/Guys

Anyone had any success with seeing  a psychologist or psychiatrist about ibsc/constipation?  Or  does anyone know of any good websites or other information about seeing a mental health professional about ibsc? 

I previously posted that I have ibsc and cannot go unless I I get anxious or nervous.  I can go days without any movement at all until I get a kind of pang of anxiousness, usually at work or at other times.   My brain jus t isn't sending the "go" signal.  I think that  my problem is all mental.  It started my final year in law schoolicon1.png slightly before i took the bar examination; I am thinking that it was stress-induced, but it never went away.  Perhaps something mentally traumatic.   If I'm not anxious...no movement.  And I can't re-create a feeling of anxiousnesss, it just has to happen.   I know this sounds stupid, but if I had to describe the problem, it remind sme of when my friends and I played hide-and-seek as children and everyone had to go to the bathroom because they had a nervous/excited feeling...other people experience the same feeling when then shop. 

If anyone knows any information, I would be very thankful.

Thanks,

-Thomas

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: psychology, anxious, constipation, nervous, stress, psychiatry, psychologist

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here