Got any tips on how to make fiber and miralax more palatable? - IBS Constipation (IBS-C) and Chronic Constipation - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Got any tips on how to make fiber and miralax more palatable?

psyllium fiber miralax gross tolerable

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kate Miller

Kate Miller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 02:21 AM

Advertisement

My doc has me on fiber+miralax twice a day. I'm not sure which one makes me gag since I just put them in the same cup, but I'm getting darn tired of throwing up in my mouth nearly every time I take the stuff. Flavoring it with crystal light didn't help much.

Is there anything else I can do besides trying to cook with the psyllium husks I'm using for fiber? I tried making vegan pudding from scratch earlier that tastes okay but hasn't finished setting yet, but one dose of husk made about two cups of pudding, and I rarely eat more than two or three cups' worth of food in a day so that's not a viable method. :/

#2 Kate Miller

Kate Miller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 06:08 PM

protip: don't let psyllium pudding set. It wasn't very good when I tried a lick of it warm, but it turns into halloween slime pretty fast.

Actually, just don't use it to make pudding period. Great for halloween though.

#3 Rosie Marie

Rosie Marie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 02:19 PM

Hi Kate,

From my experience Miralax and Psyllium Husk taste horrible when taken individually so I can imagine how terrible they taste together!

At Walmart/drugstores you can buy Psyllium Husk in pill form, just make sure you drink a full glass of water with them. You may want to check with your doctor if it is ok to take them in pill form. Metamucil also makes cookies/crackers if you can eat them.

As far as the Miralax, I try to mix it with gaterade or juice.

Also the name brand products like Miralax and Metamucil (psyllium husk) typically go down smoother than the off brand. Although this can get expensive if you are taking multiple doses a day! I hope this helps.

#4 grammecl

grammecl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 08:46 AM

I found miralax (3/4 capful) tastes best with Capri sun! When I drank Miralax I would use 3 of the juice packets then after I would drink some water. Good luck!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: psyllium, fiber, miralax, gross, tolerable

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here