Antidepressants - IBS Diarrhea (IBS-D) - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Antidepressants

antidepressants prescription drugs triggers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mk_ruah

mk_ruah

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:36 AM

Advertisement

I just started reading that there are certain anti-depressants that can be triggers. I am wondering if anyone has heard about or had issues with buproprion (welbutrin) or lexapro aggravating their conditions of IBS-D?

#2 BQ

BQ

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14427 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 09:47 AM

You can search this by using our search feature in the lighter blue menu bar above us & to the right here.  I have read that some folks are helped by them and others are not.  Again I think it depends on the individual.

Please remember this is a group of folks seeking support on how to live with and manage IBS. THESE ARE ONLY MY OWN THOUGHTS. IF YOU WANT AN EXPERT OPINION, ASK A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL.

#3 mk_ruah

mk_ruah

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:36 PM

Thanks..actually I was looking for insight on them be triggers as opposed to treatment. I've read that some can actually aggravate IBS-D.

#4 BQ

BQ

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14427 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:39 AM

It is very individual hon.  Like I said it depends on the person and another trial and error thing.

Please remember this is a group of folks seeking support on how to live with and manage IBS. THESE ARE ONLY MY OWN THOUGHTS. IF YOU WANT AN EXPERT OPINION, ASK A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: antidepressants, prescription drugs, triggers

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here