Treating IBS-C and Weak muscles - IBS Constipation (IBS-C) and Chronic Constipation - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Treating IBS-C and Weak muscles

ibs-c teen anxiety pelvic floor treatments

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 zoe223

zoe223

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:28 PM

Advertisement

Hi guys,

I am fairly new to this forum, so this will be a bit long but please bear with me. I am sixteen years old and I was diagnosed with IBS three years ago. During these three years, I've been struggling with constipation and I've had it under control for a while with laxatives and other things (miralax, magnesium, fiber, probiotics-lactobaccilus, etc.) Last year, I decided to cut down the laxatives because I've been becoming too dependent on them and losing body weight. I also wanted to turn to more natural remedies in hope that my body would become regular again. Things were o.k. until this year when my constipation has been bad as I have been having incomplete stools and it takes me a really long time to pass a stool in the bathroom. I used to have 1-2 bowel movements a day (one in the morning, and one in the afternoon). But now I have one every few days and they are incomplete and I feel very uncomfortable. 

Also, I strain a lot, and it is to the point where (this may sound kind of gross) but the muscles in my rectum come out when I push to go to the bathroom. I've scheduled an appointment to see a physical therapist to help this problem. I was wondering if there are any other teen girls out there who are having similar problems, and if so, what they are doing to treat them. I'm really upset about my condition and as it can be really unpredictable at times, I feel frustrated. I also am scared that my weakened muscles will get worse and that my condition will never go away. The biggest issue with my constipation isn't really my diet (I eat wicked healthy) but I think it's more of not having a constant routine to sit down, relax, and go. I also think it's maybe a lack of excercise.

Anyway, I know this is something I have to deal with but if anyone has any suggestions about how to be more regular (prefarably without the use of harsh laxatives to destroy my body) that would be wonderful. And also how to strengthen pelvic floor muscles. I feel kind of alone, since I'm not sure if lots of teens are having this issue, and hopefully this forum will make me feel more reassured about my condition.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ibs-c, teen, anxiety, pelvic floor, treatments

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here