A very long list of stomach problems. help. :/ - Young Adult's Issues - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

A very long list of stomach problems. help. :/

noise pain stomach pain stomach noise blood ibs cramps teenager anxiety school

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 chloeb65

chloeb65

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 25 January 2015 - 05:47 PM

Advertisement

Hi, so I'm new to the forum and my name is Chloe. From about halfway through 2012, I started getting these really weird stomach noises that came more from my abdomen than from my stomach. They would come on randomly throughout the day and I found it hard in school because no teenage girl wants their stomach to start making dying whale sounds in the middle of classes. It continued on like this - I had no other symptoms, just the noises - for a while until I had to take a year and a half off for personal reasons. 

Since September I've gone back to school and I've finally noticed what a MESS my stomach is. It was easier to ignore in the summer but looking back I realize how bad it was. Every night I would wake up in pain because my stomach was cramping and it would eventually go off after a couple of hours of pacing around and trying to ignore it. The noises never stopped but they became more manageable because I wasn't in that many quiet social situations. But going back to school and the noises are just as bad as they were before and even more random - I literally have no control, if they start there's no way I can stop them. Every couple of days I will get the intense pain in my stomach and there's no way I can concentrate like that so I end up having to go home or go to the nurse's office for the rest of the day. It feels like someone is gripping my stomach - the pain comes on in waves like contractions I guess. Now I've noticed blood in my stools - a lot of it too - and I feel generally sick after I eat. I do have a lot of wind too but it's almost internal wind - I never fart but I can feel it bubbling in my stomach? It's awful!

I've spent a lot of time looking up what to do and I have talked to doctors about this. I've tried cutting out lactose, gluten and meat but none of it made a difference. I've tried IBS tablets, laxatives, anti-gas tablets and even anxiety ones in case the anxiety was causing all this. Currently I'm trying peppermint tea but it's too early to see if that's making a difference. One thing that I want to try is charcoal tablets because they seem to work well with people but I'm taking a lot of other medication - already asked doctors and apparently these are all stomach-friendly - so I can't take them. The same applies for pro-biotic things because they mess up the other medication I'm taking. 

I'm just really sick of this I guess. It's embarrassing to be in class when your gut starts popping and the blood in my stools has worried me a lot because when I type it into google all that comes up is cancer, cancer, cancer. Does anybody have all of these symptoms? Anyone found anything that works?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: noise, pain, stomach pain, stomach noise, blood, ibs, cramps, teenager, anxiety, school

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here