Antibiotics Work! - Your Story - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

- - - - -

Antibiotics Work!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_anonymous_*

Guest_anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2001 - 02:09 AM

Advertisement
I have suffered with Irritable Bowel Syndrome for the past 18 years.I would have excruciating pain and cramps. I could not plan to go anywhere without having the fear that it would strike. I have had vacations ruined, and have not been able to work out of the house for the past 9 years. I would have alternating constipation and diarrea, but never normal. I have been seeing one of the best Gastrointeroligists in the US for the last 18 years. I have a colonoscopy every 3 years. I have tried everything, all the prescription drugs, peppermint tea, peppermint pills, everything. Then I got a sinus infection.I went to my family doctor and he gave me a prescription for an antibiotic called Biaxin. I had one very odorous spell of diarrea then it was over. That was 3 months ago and I have not had diarrea or constipation. I am eating things that I had not been able to eat in all these years, like nuts, spicey foods, beans, chilli, so far nothing has caused any problems. Back before I got IBS 18 years ago I had taken a lot of antibiotics for my skin and then I started the IBS. I do not know what happened but something was wrong in my gut and now it is better. I feel like a new person. I have my life back by the grace ofGod. I hope this can help someone who is suffering like I was.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here